All Sports Radio Station for Hamilton

Interesting article about TSN Radio coming to The Hammer .

[url=http://3downnation.com/2015/05/28/hamilton-getting-an-all-sports-radio-station-likely-tsn/]http://3downnation.com/2015/05/28/hamil ... ikely-tsn/[/url]

I hope that Rick Zamperin will continue to call the games.

Seems to be the trend, The Team - TSN radio broadcasting the Argos, The Als and the REDBLACKS, the Tiger Cats the last team in the east. I should imagine that next year they will be on The Team too.

All sports Hamilton? or this will be another station we will have to listen through 90 percent Toronto sports to get to 10 percent Ticat talk? If the latter I'll pass

I could listen all day if it's about Hamiltons OHL and CFL team but really how much is there to talk about?

Do you ever watch Sportsline on CH TV? it is supposed to be a Hamilton station but very little Tiger Cat or CFL talk. I tuned in last week the same day as the Argo sale and the first 10 minutes was all about the Leafs new coach, then they moved on to the Argos at BMO and the one guy just talked about how sympathetic he was with the soccer crowd and that they shouldn't touch our national soccer stadium. I suppose that CH is directed towards the GTA market and it's going to be mainly major league stuff.
I think most of the talk on the Team will be syndicated network stuff so there won't be that much local talk except for broadcasting the CFL games.

For many games and decades, even this past season, I brought my radio to Ivor Wynne and now THF to hear the play by play of my team in action. First, Perc and Vince and lately Rick and Coach Sal. Enjoyed every minute, win or lose, the heart lifting and heart breaking moments.

Now, that will be swept away by an alleged Hamilton sports station. Likely, according to the news, run by TSN. I'm betting it will be located in Toronto, and feature mostly Toronto centric sports news and little of Hamilton, much like the TSN network does.

By the way, how many Hamilton Tiger cat exhibition games have been shown over the last couple of years? Who has been the eastern representative in the Grey Cup for the last couple of years?

Not a good sign.

Looking at the CHML site a short while ago, I found no obvious presence of the team there. No Tiger cat nation....no logo.. no nothing..

It appears that the soon to be former broadcast rights holder believes the switch has been made.

Nothing being tweeted by Rick Zamperin today except for one FIFA tweet over 5 hours ago.

Usually he is very active. It kinda looks like he has been let go.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!
A Hamilton All-Sports radio station that is in partnership with the TiCats is a very good thing.
Pro Soccer is on the horizon, OHL, Mac and amateur sports should get more exposure.
I expect a tons of TiCats and CFL coverage, with lots of TSN crew Duane Ford, Farhan, LaPolice, Schultz, Dunnigan, Suitor,etc.
Of Course NHL,NFL and MLB will be on an All Sports Station and should be.
CHML did a great job in broadcasting the games, but they are and will always be a political and news talk oriented station.
Rick Zamperin and Coach Sal are very good, I wouldn't mind at all if they stayed on as Play by Play, I would prefer it .
Fifth Qtr was garbage, good riddance.

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 3m3 minutes ago
New #HamOnt sports radio station will be a #TSN affiliate, be found at 1150 CKOC and is expected have the rights to #Ticats games. #CFL

I'm very interested in this development and TSN's involvement.

I honestly think TSN is taking a different approach to sports. Rogers winning the NHL rights for the next 12 years has rattled TSN and I think they have a unique game plan to counter.

Clearly they are the lead investor in the CFL and have exclusive rights bringing them programming content. The radio station seems to be them further entrenching themselves with the CFL and Hamilton. You have the Ticats and the change to the much more marketable OHL Bulldogs, soccer will follow soon....maybe MLS? Talk of the Raptors D-league team locating in the "GTA" could mean Copps.

Speaking of Copps, I wonder if TSN is cozying up to Hamilton. Its rumored sooner or later, the Rogers/Bell ownership of MLSE will have to split, especially given Rogers 12 year NHL rights holdings. Its not hard to envision a scenario where a 2nd NHL team comes to the GTA with TSN as the owner and Rogers retaining MLSE. Could TSN be considering Hamilton for its NHL team? It makes sense, Hamilton is its own market clearly separate from Toronto.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but if a 2nd NHL team ever comes to the GTA, the most likely scenario likely see's Rogers or Bell owning it after a split of the MLSE ownership. All the headaches of territorial rights could be taken care of as part of the sale process. TSN/Bell could sell its share of MLSE to Rogers at a reduced cost in exchange for the NHL team in Hamilton with MLSE giving up these so called territorial rights.

TSN Ticats, TSN Hamilton NHL, TSN Hamilton Soccer, TSN OHL Bulldogs.......given Rogers monopoly over the Toronto sports market (Jays, TFC, Leafs, Raptors, Marlies and now Argos) TSN may feel squeezed out and is now making a play to dominate this end of the GTHA.

Here is the official announcement

TIGER-CATS, BELL MEDIA ANNOUNCE NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH LAUNCH OF TSN RADIO 1150 HAMILTON

[b]The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Bell Media announced Thursday that they have entered into a multi-year partnership to launch TSN Radio 1150 in Hamilton, the first ever all-sports radio station to be brought into the Hamilton regional market

TSN Radio 1150 Hamilton will be the voice of the Tiger-Cats, delivering game broadcasts, extended pre-game and post game coverage, weekly specialty programming, and hundreds of hours of other in depth coverage 365 days a year. In the lead-up to the official rebrand to TSN Radio this fall, Hamilton’s Classic Hits 1150 CKOC delivers game broadcast starting with the Ticats’ June 8 preseason game against Ottawa. Broadcast teams for Tiger-Cats games on the station will be confirmed in the coming days, and additional programming details will be announced in the months ahead.

“This partnership of three great brands, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Bell and TSN, will provide an unprecedented radio and multiple media platform that will further strengthen the strong Ticats presence in markets throughout the region,? said Scott Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. “In providing all of our fans and potential new customers the around-the-clock exposure that is only possible through an all-sports station, and with Bell committed to bringing all their regional media assets to bear in promoting and supporting this great concept, TSN Radio 1150 Hamilton will be the voice of our team as well as of our fans. This is game-changing news for everybody in TigerTown.?

With this announcement, TSN Radio is now available in seven major Canadian markets: Hamilton, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg, and Edmonton.

“We are thrilled to announce this new expansion of TSN Radio, which now allows us to deliver the trusted news and analysis that fans have come to expect from TSN,? said Robert Gray, National Program Director, TSN Radio. “Hamilton sports fans are passionate and knowledgeable, and there is no better way to celebrate the addition of TSN Radio 1150 Hamilton than to become the home of their pride and joy, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.?

The acquisition of the radio rights to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats complements TSN Radio’s extensive slate of live CFL broadcast coverage, which includes the Toronto Argonauts on TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, the Montreal Alouettes on TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, the Ottawa Redblacks on TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa, and the B.C. Lions on TSN Radio 1040 in Vancouver.[/b]

[url=http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-bell-media-announce-new-partnership-with-launch-of-tsn-radio-1150-hamilton]http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-bell-media- ... 0-hamilton[/url]

and this from Bell

[b]HAMILTON (May 28, 2015) – TSN announced today that the network is further extending its industry-leading sports brand this fall with the launch of TSN Radio 1150 in Hamilton – marking the first time an all-sports radio station is available in the Hamilton market.

The Bell Media radio station also confirmed today a new multi-year partnership with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League (CFL) that includes live broadcasts of all Tiger-Cats games as well as additional programming.

In the lead-up to the official rebrand to TSN Radio this fall, Hamilton’s Classic Hits 1150 CKOC delivers live coverage of every Tiger-Cats game, kicking off this month with news and analysis from the team’s training camp. The station continues in its current format through the summer. Broadcast teams for Tiger-Cats games on the station will be confirmed in the coming days.

In addition to every Tiger-Cats game, TSN Radio 1150 in Hamilton will deliver live coverage of the Toronto Raptors and Toronto Maple Leafs. Additional programming details surrounding TSN Radio 1150 in Hamilton will be announced in the coming months.

“We are thrilled to announce this new expansion of TSN Radio, which now allows us to deliver the trusted news and analysis that fans have come to expect from TSN,? said Robert Gray, National Program Director, TSN Radio. “Hamilton sports fans are passionate and knowledgeable, and there is no better way to celebrate the addition of TSN Radio 1150 in Hamilton than to become the home of their pride and joy, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.?

“TSN represents the preeminent sports media brand in Canada, and entering into a historic partnership to bring TSN Radio and the all-sports radio format to Hamilton is something the Tiger-Cats are extremely proud of,? said Scott Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer, Hamilton Tiger-Cats. “This partnership will provide an unprecedented platform to connect with Tiger-Cats fans across Hamilton and regionally around southern Ontario in unique and meaningful ways. From game broadcasts to specialty programs to contests and promotions, TSN Radio 1150 in Hamilton will be the voice of the Tiger-Cats.?

With this announcement, TSN Radio is now available in seven major Canadian markets: Hamilton, Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg, and Edmonton.

The acquisition of radio rights to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats complements TSN Radio’s extensive slate of live CFL broadcast coverage, which includes the Toronto Argonauts on TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, the Montreal Alouettes on TSN Radio 690 in Montréal, the Ottawa Redblacks on TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa, and the B.C. Lions on TSN Radio 1040 in Vancouver.[/b]

[url=http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/tsn-bell-media-announce-launch-tsn-radio-1150-hamilton-new-partnership-hamilton-tiger-cats/]http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/tsn-be ... iger-cats/[/url]

Do the Tiger-Cats have a stake in this new radio station with Bell and TSN or are they simply selling their radio broadcast rights to TSN?

don’t go there SCS

It sure sounds to me that they have partnered (put in money) with Bell somehow to turn CKOC into a all sports venue. I wish I knew how it works but I see this to be much more to the Tiger-Cats, then just selling their rights to TSN radio.

No more Ted Michaels.

Now that's something to be excited about!

Ted already announced at the end of last season that he would not be doing the Fifth Quarter anymore.

I sure hope this is not the end of Zamp and Coach Sal

I am going to miss the Fifth Quarter call in show on 900 with all the boozed up armchair QB calling in, it was a classic ! I used laugh my Arsss off !!! :lol: a sad day in Tigertown , that was unique for steeltown Football in the Hammer ....... :cowboy:

whats this mean for 900 CHML?