All my best to Kevin Everett

http://tinyurl.com/37o4zm

Bills' Everett undergoes spinal surgery

Mon Sep 10, 12:44 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Buffalo Bills tight end Kevin Everett underwent spinal surgery after suffering a back injury during the loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday.

Everett fell to the turf after tackling Denver return man Domenik Hixon on the second half kickoff, the Bills official Web site (www.buffalobills.com) reported.

He lay motionless for 15 minutes before being taken to hospital where he underwent surgery and was in intensive care. Everett had no movement in his body, apart from his eyes, as he was taken off the field, the Buffalo News said.

"Kevin Everett has a cervical spine injury," Bills coach Dick Jauron told reporters.

The Bills lost three other players to injuries. Free safety Ko Simpson broke his left ankle during the first quarter, linebacker Coy Wire tore knee ligaments and cornerback Jason Webster broke his arm.

Denver won the game 15-14 on Jason Elam's 42-yard field goal as time expired.

(Writing by Gene Cherry in Raleigh, North Carolina)

My thoughts are with Kevin. I wish him all the best.

I heard reports today there is pretty much zero chance of him walking again. I've heard that before though, and people have fully recovered.
Gotta hope for the best here, but it isn't looking good.

Very grim news indeed. All we can do is hope for the best!
ro, any chance of posting a video on how this tragic injury occurred?

He now has "voluntary movement" in all four limbs. Still a long way from recovery. The Docter said his injuriy was extremely serious and "life threatening".

My prayers are with Kevin but I think it has to be mentioned that he is responsible for his own injury. That may sound harsh but anyone who has ever played at any level is coached over and over not to try to hit with the top of your helmet. I watched that game and knew as soon as it happened that he had blown his cervical verts. It seems that almost twice a year in the college game and every few years in the pros that this happpens.
To really be factual what Everett did should have been called a spearing penalty. It's a deliberate intent to injure the ballcarrier. The officials of course had immediate concern for the player and rightly so.
You guys who coach teams out there probably already stress this to your players but we need to have them realize the possible consequences.
All the best to Kevin and his family.