All it takes is one TSN graphic

...to show what's wrong with the CFL in Toronto.

3 Likes

Thats whats wrong with TSN...not the CFL IMO

1 Like

the CFL chose to get in bed with TSN.

So yes, it is also what is wrong with the CFL.

1 Like

What a gaffe but it's old news now.

The tweet was taken out and the Argos were added

That's more on Tom Wright with a little nudging from Braley and Wetenhall among others.

Also CBC is culpable when they did such a poor job of broadcasting back in 2005 with shoddy camera work during their strike.

The CBC was then not given and option to bid on the next contract thus 2007 was the last year of the CFL on CBC.

The rest is history.

1 Like

Hello,

Unfortunately even during the CFL season, there is little or no talk at all about the CFL when you listen to TSN Radio (Now that it's gone), TSN Overdrive, the panel with Brian Hayes, Noodles, and the O Dog. Even the morning show with Lansberg and Coliacovo, and the Mathew Cauz show in the afternoon. I know Mathew Cauz writes for the CFL site, but there is no CFL talk on TSN.

1 Like

I see it as choosing a dance partner.

Don't choose the wrong partner and complain they can't dance.

2 Likes

Never thought of it that way.

Shows the CFL was never financially sound just trudging along until they fell off a cliff and into the ocean :ocean:.

If they only knew how to swim instead of waiting for someone to send them a liferaft.

They know how to swim.One of their own is trying to drown them.

1 Like

TSN1050 management made a top down decision to not promote the CFL/Argos.Programming directors have come and gone with no change in behavior.
Andy McNamara created and hosted an in house radio program called "CFL Weekly"
that was not aired in the Toronto market.This is not serving the Bell shareholders with best intentions.

2 Likes

Connecticut_Yankee,

I remember last year when they unveiled CFL Weekly. I was surprised that the concept of a Weekly CFL Show would exist.

About a month later, COVID - 19 hit and it was cancelled. I totally get that part.

I was implying that for a while, there is very little daily talk on any TSN Morning or Afternoon shows.

2 Likes

TSN.....Toronto Sports Network.

2 Likes

Well I don't know if it was pressure or whatever but they apparently deleted the original tweet featuring Tom Brady and replaced him with a picture of Argo receiver Liam Noel .

original pic

re-edited new pic

1 Like

I take it it's the MLSE with a goal of getting a long elusive NFL franchise for their not so world class city of Toronto?

Put one in Hamilton instead. That will show those fiends down the QEW LoL.

1 Like

Not sure if this makes up for the previous boondoggle but it's better than nothing I guess.

They have the next graphic on stand by

In spite of how I feel about Pedersen, this particular bit did draw a chuckle from myself.

TSN 1050 should be embarrassed for forgetting about a franchise that's been around since 1873.

Yet they are pushing TFC as major league. Give me a break.

4 Likes

If only people would complain about MLSE they would be forced to sell out . It really is anti competitive and a monopoly that is set up illegally by the two largest media partners . They should have never allowed the merger .

How in Canada if you have any sports enterprise can you grow ; if all properties in the corporate capital of Canada are all bought up by one large entity .

The anti competitive nature of that organization has festered for how long now while the CRTC and our Competition Act 2002 sleep at the wheel .

Competition Bureau statement on Bell and Rogers' acquisition of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment

In its review of the proposed transaction, the Bureau analyzed information provided by the parties and third parties, and interviewed multiple industry participants, including programming undertakings, broadcast distribution undertakings (BDU), and sports leagues.

In its review of the proposed transaction, the Bureau analyzed information provided by the parties and third parties, and interviewed multiple industry participants, including programming undertakings, broadcast distribution undertakings (BDU), and sports leagues. *** CFL ?**

Earlier today, following a thorough review, the Bureau issued a No Action Letter to Bell and Rogers indicating that the Commissioner of Competition (Commissioner) does not, at this time, intend to make an application under section 92 of the Competition Act (Act) in respect of the proposed acquisition of MLSE. It is important to note that section 97 of the Act provides for a one-year period following completion of the proposed transaction during which the Commissioner may bring the matter before the Competition Tribunal as a challenged transaction.

The Competition Bureau, as an independent law enforcement agency, ensures that Canadian businesses and consumers prosper in a competitive and innovative marketplace.

IMO - It's never healthy for innovation or new competition to try to compete when someone made a deal and cornered the market in the biggest influential market in the country . Park Place and Boardwalk have been purchased and have 10 hotels on them .

The CFL obviously were told they would be taken care of by Bell .

if I recall correctly part of the motivation of buying MLSE was out of concern for MLSE's share of sports television growing. Before Bell and Rogers combined to buy MLSE MLSE already had LeafsTV, GolfTV and NBA Canada and had two other sports channel licenses.

So the Bell/Rogers move was done in part to protect their own sports networks.

And they (The CFL) fell for it.

1 Like