Alfieri: Maciocia sizes up Als' free agency moves

The Montreal Alouettes’ roster has gone through some changes over the last few weeks, but the team’s core remains intact and that should help them pile up victories during the 2022 season.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/02/23/alfieri-maciocia-sizes-als-free-agency-moves/

Hamilton is a similar team to last year, as far as being competitive is concerned. Toronto is going to be as good or better, Ottawa may be the most improved team in the CFL and certainly in the East. Montreal may have taken a step back, time will tell.

1 Like

Have to agree. I see Hamilton & Argos battling for top spot. Redblacks look a lot better. I like Montreal's offence - 2 QB's as a duo may be best in league, Stanback is IMO the best RB in the league & Artis-Payne looked good when used. Eugene Lewis & Wienke are a top notch big 2.

But D? Front 4 starters are good but a little thin depth wise. And I don't like much about the LB's & DB's. They lost Levels & Hunter as well as Cranston. Picked up Darius Williams, an Elks cut, who drew a lot of bad penalties his rookie year. They lost ground on Argos & TiCats & have the Redblacks in hot pursuit.

nice interview . Good to have an Als gm present and accessible in Montreal.