Alex Brink out of a job

Buck, contrary to the belief of some, does... NOTTTTT give the Bombers the best chance to win.

Elliot or Brink would have given the Bombers a better chance. Buck looked horrible last year and the only reason he won as many games as he did in 2011 was the defensive play, not his QB play for the most part.
Heck even in 2012 Buck was 2-5 as a starter, Elliot was 2-5 and Brink was 2-2... yet let's can Brink/Elliot who were in their first starts and go with Buck... :S

The Bombers should have released Buck, offered him a coaching job and moved on from the last 3 seasons. Buck is fragile, something like 16+ injuries over 4 seasons with 2 teams. It's not the OL, it's not the level of hits, it's simply that he breaks easily.

Just look last year at the EDM game when Laurant fell on his foot, Buck was out for half the season yet most other QB's walk away from that, same with his injury in the Cats game last year. No way Buck can do what AC did after injuries were shaking him because AC had proven he was a top QB, he just needed protection. Buck is not even an above average CFL QB let alone elite.
IF healthy was a non-factor who would pick Buck over one of the other CFL starting QB's, no one.

I'm sorry, but unless the OL is improved it will not matter who you have as QB there...unless they find a QB with Marino like release. Their Qbs have been getting absolutely rocked for a few years no matter who it was...now granted Buck holds it far far to long. If Buck gets some time, he can be amazing.

Yeah, the Bombers may not be last in sacks given up...but I mean clear hits allowed on the QB...big impact...look at say the past 2 seasons, and if you picked the top 10 hits on QBs I bet 4-5 would be on a Bombers QB.

Bomber O-line sure has its share of blame, but breakdowns are going to happen to even the best lines in the league. At some point, your QB has to feel the rush coming and get rid of the ball before the unblocked pass-rusher torpedoes him into next week.

Edit: It's also part of the QB's job to audible protections pre-snap so that he doesn't have one or more unblocked pass-rushers in his face snap after snap.

Yet Buck was the only QB hurt in the pocket last year and iirc the only one hurt in the last 3 years.

Jyles, Brink in 2010 got hurt on QB draws
Elliot got hurt on a tackle after a Jeffer-Harris Fumble in 2011
Elliot got hurt in 2012 on a scramble
Bucks been hurt… most of his 12+ times as a Bomber in the pocket including I believe all 5 in 2012.

The Bombers OL is actually pretty good, especially with Douglas back at OT.

btw, on those top hits you are talking about the 2 big ones were overload blitz’s, no OT can block both a DE and OLB/FS at the same time. Meaning the sacks(big hits) weren’t on the OL but one of(or multiple) the QB/RB/SB.

I could not have agreed more. Once he went down for that long period of time They gave Brink a few games then pulled him for Elliot. That pretty much sucked the air out of Brink. Then Buck came back and went back out and Elliot stepped in and got a couple of Offensive players of the week during the season but the last time they pulled Elliot for Pierce they sucked the air out of him. Every time one of the two would begin to get going Buck would return and after awhile they knew no matter what they did they would be back to the bench.

Spin it however you want…the biggest hits on QBs where QBs of the Bombers…just saying, at some point the line is a part of that.

Don’t get me wrong, Buck has become a glass house…he has always taken too many hits, because as I said…he drags out plays too long…that is all him, not the line.

It's not spin, it's the truth. We're not talking about Buck getting beaten up from a three or four-man rush overpowering five Bomber O-linemen. We are talking about Buck routinely getting annihilated via an overload blitz because he didn't feel the pressure and get rid of the ball in time. And don't think other teams aren't aware of his deficiency in that regard.

The other major cause of his injuries? His own stupidity -- refusing to baseball-slide when scrambling. Or else plain old fragility -- a leg tackle that puts him on the shelf for weeks, where another, more durable QB might only miss a game, a quarter, or just a series or two.

Elliot and Brink did nothing to grab the number one spot. We are keeping Buck around until we find a QB that can step up. Buck did give us our best chance to win. Going to every game , it was quite evident. Hopefully one of the new QB,S do what Elliot or Brink didn't do and take the next step. We will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. We will be improved in other areas but the QB situation will be a issue.

They were never given the chance to grab the number one spot. Elliot was offensive player of the week twice last year but he was told even after that that Buck is returning and buck will be starting. Maybe they sould have told Buck hey this kid has shown some good signs with grabbing the player of the week twice in 5 starts we are going to finish the season with him as the starting QB and in turn after his second week of grabbing the award they should have said to him we are going to let you finish the season at QB so get your self Mentally prepared this is your shot to show us that you have what it takes.
They never gave him nor Brink the impression that they would ever have the chance to be the starter when Buck comes back at any time last season.
What if after Lulay started with an O-5 start and they scrapped him and went to Jackson. You need to give a young player a chance and name him your guy.

Against a awful Hamilton defence, he did not build on that performance and regressed. He is also to slow and was easy pickings in the pocket. He had his chance , he didn’t grab it. Brink, I thought had a little more but the coaches thought otherwise. Burke is solid and I;ll go with him on this.

I can’t remember the 5th injury you referred to but not all of his injuries in 2012 occurred in the pocket. His first and last injury occurred when he was sacked so yes they occurred when he was in the pocket. Pierce’s second injury occurred when he was tackled by the foot while scrambling so not in the pocket. His third injury was the result of a head shot after he had rolled out and thrown a pass so not in the pocket.

I agree with you about the o-line. They improved a great deal over the course of the season and if Douglas is back to form they should be even better.

2nd was in MTL(game 2) I believe it was on a game killing fumble(by Buck) on the MTL ~5 yard line with 5 minutes left in the 4th on 3rd and goal.(scramble outside of the pocket) when he could have laid up a pass to a Rory K in the middle for a TD to put the Bombers within 4 points.

So my bad, he was outside the pocket for 2 of them(2nd and 4th), thing was all those injuries outside the pocket were him holding onto the ball to make a play + not making the quick read.

In early October 2012, the Winnipeg Sun had a write-up of all Buck's injuries and they had only 3 injuries listed up to that point. It was in the second last game that he was injured for the last time. There was no mention of any injury against Montreal in week 2.
[url]http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/suns-prod-images/file/1297320987000_1004WS1MS002.pdf[/url]

Totally agree

Well that is one good Point Burke is the new Head Coach so cutting the 2 QBs loose and bringing in other QBs is not unusual. Both new QBs have played against have played against pro competition and will need to make the CFL adjustments.
So in looking at it from that angle it is understandable. Gotltz will make that move onto the the Roster this season.
The Bombers do not have an awful team by any stretch and if both starting OTs can be back and healthy together this season should be a big boost to the OLine

Yesterday’s BB media conference did not seem to quell the doubters/naysayers much.
Hopefully the team can find a diamond in the rough QB and have a decent season for the fans in the brand new Investor’s Group Stade.

[b]Hall and Clement come with solid college pedigrees, but plenty of unanswered questions as pros.

“I’m not going to act like I know what the hell I’m talking about,? Burke said, finally. “I don’t know, to be honest with you.?

As for the man upstairs, GM Joe Mack, it’s fitting he was nowhere to be found, preferring to leave his head coach on his own.

We’ll find out soon enough if he’s thrown Burke a lifeline or an anchor.[/b]

[url=http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/08/meet-the-bombers-latest-qbs-of-the-future]http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/08/me ... the-future[/url]

I agree both new QBs come in with potential for sure the lure of the possibility of one day getting paid a CFL starters salary will be something that would certainly interest Clement coming from the UFL.
Hall I am not sure

Typical Joe Mack.

Clement was already up here and he wasted the Ticat’s time and money. Would not even give it an honest try. left after a day…

True about Clement at the time but also at the time was the hope of a new league in the UFL in which he did take advantage of in 2010 before things began to crumble.
Now with that option no longer available certainly within the rights to change his mind set given the options that are available and the BBs are willing to give him that chance. What is in the past is past and Clement at the time was a rookie QB right out of Rice Uniersity and not feeling confortable in a different country in a different type of football.
Now he will be entering his 4th pro season and is 5 years removed from University and has most likely seen more field time than he would have if he had signed with Hamilton at the time.