Alex Brink out of a job

Winnipeg fires Alex Brink. Will be interesting to see who they've signed since Elliot, Brinks, Glenn and Mcpherson aren't good enough. At what point will Bomber fans admit Lapolice was reamed ?

Lapolice was “reamed” ???

...With the signing of Max Hall and Chase Clement, I guess the writing was on the wall..He had his chance along with Elliott and they didn't get it done...Will the new signings be the answer??...stay tuned... :wink:

Never since he wasn't.

......says the guy of a team whose coach took a flyer on them.... ..AND I don't know why the Als. didn't go with Lapo instead of a newbie....Paul would have definitely been the answer for ya... :lol:

Behold, the vaunted QB depth of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers! Or at least, that's what some Bomber fans were telling me with a straight face last year. :lol:

....says the fan of a team with Quinton Porter as their back-up....Now you really have to say that with a straight face...and quickly :lol:

Heh! But I would never, for one second, try to tell other teams' fans that Montreal's QB depth is something to be envied. Our QB depth is like everyone else's except for Calgary: fine on paper, but unproven in the trenches.

Not that I disagree with dis, but last season was hard to judge given the state of the other changes, oline, defence, hc coach, I don't know that I would gloat about it.

Heh! But I would never, for one second, try to tell other teams' fans that Montreal's QB depth is something to be envied. Our QB depth is like everyone else's except for Calgary: fine on paper, but unproven in the trenches.[/quote

After watching Porter play...I don't think he looks good...even on paper... :lol: Whoever said OUR qb. situation was one to be envied must have been pulling your leg and trying to do it with a straight face...

Not gloating, really, just amused by the sell job some Bomber fans were giving me last season. I got my head bitten off for disputing an assertion that other teams were "envying" Winnipeg's QB depth. Well, two of those envied QBs are no longer with the team, and the remaining player spent most of last season on the IR. Maybe we can just admit that Winnipeg's QB depth is actually worse than most teams' QB depth at the moment (I could well be proven wrong by midseason's mark).

I wonder how many games Buck will finish ? I’m thinking five max.

Depends on the oline, which is starting to look much better than last seasons mess, with 3 experienced tackles now on the roster and some depth guys picked up, another 2011 where he played 16 games would not surprise me.

Looks like they will take that into account

Burke says a number of factors will go into making the decision.

"Medical reports. Where is Buck at medically. The offensive staff and myself, as we go through the schemes and Xs and Os going into the season. We have to ask 'who is going to be able to do this?' If we go into the season with Buck as the starter, we obviously can't put him in the same situations to get hit like a younger quarterback," said Burke.

"You have to make the decision on how can we protect (Buck) better and what plays can't we run. And does that hamper you so much that he'd be ineffective as a starter?"

What Burke is essentially saying is that Pierce's body can no longer be trusted to meet the demands of a complete playbook.

That statement in itself should make this decision an easy one. It's time to move on from Buck Pierce as the starting quarterback of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Bomber management is star struck by the nfl... They really do treat the Bombers like NFl Jr. Fire them all and bring in Canadians, who actually know Canadian Football.

first Elliot now Brink. Fire the back ups and keep Pierce who can barely play. Pierce has been the started for 3 years and has barely played and these two guys kept getting thrown in and pulled out after only a few games.
The fired the Wrong QB.
It is still mind boggling that they are going to go with pierce as there starter going into camp for a 4th straight year after what has happened the last 3

The recent moves do not make much sense.

[b]Burke says a number of factors will go into making the decision.

"Medical reports. Where is Buck at medically. The offensive staff and myself, as we go through the schemes and Xs and Os going into the season. We have to ask 'who is going to be able to do this?' If we go into the season with Buck as the starter, we obviously can't put him in the same situations to get hit like a younger quarterback," said Burke.[/b]

NO quarterback, regardless of age, can withstand the type of hits Pierce absorbs, especially the head hits.
and it's not so much an OLine issue, as it is Buck's pattern of taking undue risks in the quest for a few additional yards.

Playing smart and healthy is much more productive than a wounded warrior on the sidelines.

No they do not. This leaves Pierce as the only QB on the roster with any signifigant CFL playing time or pro football playing time period. Hall a little NFL action and Clement UFL and Goltz has yet to start any season on a pro football roster although in essence he really has the BBS #3 for the last few years with Pierce being out soo much

The other issue is the cumulative effect of all those injuries on Pierce's decision-making. I firmly believe that he is actually worse in the pocket now than he was, say, four years ago, because the head shots and concussions have impaired his ability to read and react and make timely decisions with the football. How many times have we seen him absolutely tattooed into next week by a blindside hit he never saw but should have felt via his own internal playclock? He wasn't doing that in BC, but he's doing it now.