Albert Toenaina on the roster.

Sure glad they kept this guy. I was talking to him at the Black and Gold scrimmage ,(although he did not play) he looked like a monster. He had the biggest hands I've ever saw. I was kind of wondering how he'd perform in a game so I specifically focused on him during the Argo game. He showed great foot work and strength at tackle. I think he could be a real find for us. He completely shut down Argo's big DE Brown.

Great looking kid

I’m glad to hear that. :thup: I didn’t get to see the game. Thanks!

I mentioned in another thread when he joined the team that I hoped with his size he had the same talent and “Attitude” of “Travis Claridge”!

Welcome "Big Toe" :thup:

Reminds me of the big guy from the movie "The Longest Yard" lol..

[url=http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/movies/images/longest-yard.JPG]http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainme ... t-yard.JPG[/url]

Reminds me of Travis Claridge handling Joe Montford with no difficulty.

That is The Great Khal I think

I think you guys are right on. Me thinks this could be another Travis Claridge in the making. He's bigger and younger than Travis but he does look like him on the field. :cowboy:

Not taking anything away from Albert, but in Browns defense he was playing with a bad back, thus the Argos placed him on the 9 game injured list.

Not taking anything away from Albert, but in Browns defense he was playing with a bad back, thus the Argos placed him on the 9 game injured list.
[/quote]
I'd develop a bad back too if I kept running into a brick wall ... :smiley:

I'd develop a bad back too if I kept running into a brick wall ... :smiley:
[/quote]
Also head, shoulders.................:slight_smile:

9 games for a "bad back" ?

and if he had this bad back before the game i don't think they would have played him in an exhibition game(considering its bad enough for him to go on the 9 game IL) so he must have developed it during the game, when albert was taking him to school :smiley:

The first play I noticed was a run play, I think the one smith had in our end where we got a penalty. What I noticed was Toeaina come off the line and just destroy the Argo MLB and open up a huge hole....I was thinking that was a nice play.

The very next play they line Brown up on Toeaina and i'm thinking this will be a good test. Albert takes a two step drop with Brown then just washes him right through the middle of the line giving porter a huge lane and he stays with him all the way accross the line and munches him out of the play..... man those were two good plays from my perspective anyway.

I was impressed. I'd like to see him play more so I can really get a good guage on how good he is, but, he held his own on the few plays I saw from him.

Only one problem with Toenaina, and that's his birth certificate.

At this point, I don't think the 'Cats are planning on playing two import tackles. That could always change. We better hope Bauman and Stala play well and stay healthy.

PJ