Al Bruno Has Passed Away

Just saw on Twitter that Al Bruno has passed away. He was 87 years old.

There are no currently living Hamilton Grey Cup Head Coaches.

Will post story when it's up.

Tweets Tweets & replies
steve milton @miltonatthespec · 11m 11 minutes ago
With Al's death, there is no one left alive who has ever coached the #Ticats to a Grey Cup championship. Ron Lancaster pre-deceased him #CFL
Reply0 replies Retweet0 retweets Favorite1 favorite1
More
steve milton @miltonatthespec · 16m 16 minutes ago
Al Bruno was "the ultimate players coach" says Mike McCarthy, his #Ticats GM for five years, 3 Cup appearances. Bruno also coached Mac. #CFL
Reply0 replies Retweet1 retweet1 Favorite2 favorites2
More
steve milton @miltonatthespec · 17m 17 minutes ago
Al Bruno, who coached the #Ticats to the 86 Grey Cup has died.He coached Cats in the Greatest Game Ever Played (89 Grey Cup) . #CFL
Reply0 replies Retweet5 retweets5 Favorite2 favorites2
More

While he was head coach of the Tiger cats, since 1983, the team made the playoffs every year except for 1990. And appeared in the Grey Cup 4 times, winning it once.

Rest in peace, Mr. Bruno.

Great point Old Fan,
It was said, The Players absolutely loved playing for Bruno!

Thank you, Al, for coaching the Ticats to many wins through my teen years, and helping to make me a Ticat fan for life.

You are a Ticat legend.

R.I.P.

Thanks for the memories Al...he even took time in the off season one year to answer my 7 year old's letter at that time...and yes in his own hand with a personal touch...I wonder how many coaches today would do that? Rest well...you were great !!

I'm sure he was still drawing up new plays as of yesterday. Class act was Al Bruno! Thank you for the memories!

Al Bruno was a great CFL player, coach, executive, and all-round Gentleman. His exploits in University football, both here at McMaster, and at Harvard, were the stuff of legend.

A much-loved, giving, and humble man, he will not soon be forgotten. Jason Riley captured Coach Bruno's fine qualities very well. Those Tiger-Cats of 1986 were amazing, and Al Bruno was the man that brought out the best in each of them.

God bless you, Al, and condolences to the Bruno Family.

My friend and I had our seasons seats in the section 6 rows directly above the Ticat bench for all the years that Al Bruno
coached in Hamilton. He was indeed, a class act.

Condolences to his family and fans everywhere.

Thank You Al, great job as Coach of the Tiger-Cats and as a leader for the team, our current team is a reflection of the history built by previous coaches, staff, players who built a great tradition of winning in Tiger-Town.

Our Condolences to the Bruno family and many thanks for giving all Fans the opportunity to meet Al Bruno and have him as a Head Coach of the Tiger-Cats.

RIP Al Bruno.

GO CATS GO!!!