Akili Smith

Yes Arius you and KL need to stop this. Good job there Jm02!

I don't know that Sankey can beat the bombers. If Lewis, Copeland and Rambo can make up for any rust Sankey may have with some circus catches then .... yea maybe.

Also as long as we keep Reynolds busy.

How are those ankles of yours?

HAHA red, very red

Sorry buddy just had too. Keep the faith man. If win thats good, if we get entertained that is great. Not a big deal to lose.

I hear ya, some times I get too wound up and dis my boys LOL,

I've been a Stamp fan for 40 years since age 7. I'm not going anywhere (-:

With the firing of their Def. Coor. last week it seems that Higgins is getting desperate. Coaches that fire assitants and cut #2 QB's seem to get fired themselves.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice fortune telling you should take that on the road you will make lots of money NOT!

Smith needed to prove himself and a fool can see he failed. Again to bad nice guy but just could not make the adjustment to the Canadian game. No big deal. Now as far as Crehan is concerned do you not think the ownership group may have made this call. YEp next time you post try using some of those brain cells. One it will make you look smart.

WASNT GOOD OUT OF THE NFL HE PLAYED IN RUN AND SHOOT OFFENSE THE SAME STYLE AS TIMMY CHANG HE PUT UP GOOD NUMBERS BUT THE NFL RUNS A MORE PRO-SET NOT MANY RUN AND SHOOTS IN THE NFL.....ALSO THE DEFENSIVE BACKS ARE FASTER I THIK HE WAS OUT OF GAS WAY BEFORE HE CAME TOO THE CFL.....

First off he is more suited to the NFL game period. He could not grasp the Canadian game. Not the first to fail many NFLers can not play the Canadian game. Smith could if he had a few years to adjust to the differences. I find it funny guys that failed down there adjust well and can go down there play with no problems. Yet the a stud down there fails up here first shot. Burris summed it up best Smith is a good QB and could play in this league if he was afforded time to adjust to the style of play.
But at his age he does not have time on his side. I think if a team neeeds a guy Smith could and will make the grade if given time. Calgary does not have the time with Nealy as the development QB and Sankey proving he can move the team. He had the advantages and Smith did not.

Thats it Redandwhite rip apart the new guy and his comments. We need more people posting not less, give the guy a couple of weeks. Good on you 94cup I agree.

Hey cups

Head coaches who keep assistants who’ve lost their players. and
keep #2 qbs, whose #4 has proven to be better, usually get fired.

Smith was only a #2 QB on paper. He was not a bonified #2 and the numbers dictate that he is the one to go. Whether it was Higgins or Mgmt is moot. If you have to get rid of someone Smith was the logical choice.

I actually found it too painful to watch him. Although i am not a Sankey fan he did move the ball and looked quite comfy back there. The Stamps made the right call.

Boys calm down these two clowns want to get a rise out of us. They are obviously jealous of our coach and number 2 QB why else would they post nonsense.

edit

I dont think theyll fire Higgins but he must be feeling the pressure, Sankey is good he looks very poised and looks calm back there.But I think for this year you go as far as Burris takes you. Why would I be jealous? What exactly am I supposed to be jealous about do they have a key for the playboy mansion or something. I dont get it.

A bit of a disfunctional organization if ownership is firing assitants, Don’t YA think. Either way Higgins looks like he is gone, great roster, pre season pick and a Ricky Ray shoulder away from missing the playoffs.

I guess I dont have to defend you hey 94cup?

Fair enough I guess.
But I like 05, and 97% of the time, if it appears I am busting his chops for something, it is in jest.
The comment about blaming him for something, I recall quite well.
I think–and he knows if he did or didn’t–he deliberately resurrected a thread just to antagonize a few Lion fans, and Rider fans, or whomever he could hook given the bait.
That’s what he does (part of at least). I have no problem with it, and it was certainly not more than a polite jab.

Things have gotten way to tense around here.
I know who I feel is responsible, but naming names won’t help.
I take everything very seriously, but I take nothing seriously, if that makes any sense.

Much of the fun has been taken away on these forums, and again, it is a select few that are ruining things for all.
But I intend to be here when things calm down, and it is again possible to discuss football and such.

Once again, I apologize for when it seems I exacerbate, rather than ameliorate.

Long time reader, first time poster.....