AJ Gass on the CBC

Just when I thought I'd seen it all, along comes AJ Gass commenting on the Eastern Semi-Final. What insight is he suppose to bring to the telecast? Cheating? Dirty play? Unsportsmanlike conduct?

The CBC: One Billion Tax Dollars Wasted Annually.

Without commenting on the merits of having a public broadcaster ...

You'd think they'd want an offence perspective to completment that of the other two ex-defenders already on the panel. Maybe they're trying to balance out the TSN panel which is all-offence.

Totally agree with you Ock...the cbc is a total waste of taxpayers money....the "big liberal propaganda machine" should get out of the sports game anyway. :cowboy:

He sounded like he was drunk to me.....when I saw him at halftime, it sounded like he was slurring his words. Mind you I haven't heard him speaking before...maybe that's normal.

He sounded like he was drunk to me.....when I saw him at halftime, it sounded like he was slurring his words. Mind you I haven't heard him speaking before...maybe that's normal.
Woah woah... hold on a second... are you saying he was using actual WORDS while speaking?!?! No, that isn't normal for him at all! Maybe we can get him to string them together into sentences even next time! Wouldn't that be neat, like those monkey's that can use sign language. ;-)

I liked him on the telecast.
He is a very interesting/different kind of guy which makes for good TV.
CBC’s attempt at reality TV

That was just his Texas drawl. lol

But it was rather funny when Elliott asked Gass if he thought Jimenez should be suspended. I thought he might say Jimenez should appeal any suspension. lol

LOL It was a moment, indeed.

Gass: "It was disgusting."

So is hammer-throwing an opponent's helmet, even if one hasn't been able to rip the opponent's head off in the act of throwing to make the spectacle complete. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oski Wee Wee,

Food for thought from our friend Marty York:

"The CBC may not be a lame-duck broadcaster of the CFL, after all.

The network has been carrying CFL games since 1952, but because TSN paid mega-millions to become the league’s sole rights-holder as of next season, this month’s Grey Cup game was supposed to be CBC’s final CFL telecast.

Maybe not, though. Sources now tell me TSN (and its CTV partner) may be too booked up with Olympics coverage and whatnot to handle all CFL games in the future. So TSN may turn around and sell rights for some CFL games to CBC.

If so, CBC would need a makeover. Friedman’s terrific, as are Mark Lee and Chris Walby, but Steve Armitage and Daved Benefield have been embarrassingly inept. New faces would be required for the CFL on CBC, chaps who would spice up games with insight, intelligence and inside information, because this year’s roster simply didn’t cut it."

[url=http://www.metronews.ca/column.aspx?id=89618]www.metronews.ca/column.aspx?id=89618[/url]

Sources tell me that the Winter Olympics are usually in February. LMAO Like February 12-28 in Vancouver's case. I know it might take a month to get Brian Williams's hair right, but how would this impact the coverage of the 2009 CFL season, for example??

:D :D :D

Lee/Walby are terrific?

Good ol' Marty...

Oski Wee Wee,

Having A. J. Gass on the CBC coverage was a travesty. The guy doesn't deserve a platform, unless he's getting on a train outta the CFL. What a sad joke.

You lost me at: