Airese Currie

One of the best plays last night, IMHO, was a crucial 2nd-and-very-long in the 3rd quarter. We had just taken a holding call (one I actually didn't mind - Porter would have been KILLED), and we were 2nd and twenty.

Porter takes the snap, and BC sent the house. He drops back, and has to scramble just to stay alive. As he's running backward, with 2 BC players taking him down, he somehow heaves the ball 30 yards downfield for a completion. A great, athletic play. What made it great?

Airese Currie - the seemingly forgotten wide-side WR ran his route and made the block called for THEN RECOGNIZED THAT HIS QB WAS IN TROUBLE, BROKE OFF HIS BLOCK, AND MADE HIS WAY INTO OPEN GROUND BEYOND THE FIRST-DOWN MARKER AND MADE THE RECEPTION.

The other thing I liked about the play, is he made the catch, secured the ball AND TURNED UPFIELD.

If that play isn't made, we don't win. Period.

Yes, that play was great but he didn't make many plays on Friday and can't get open.

he made a few nice plays and did a good job getting open there. In another thread you said bauman played an amazing game but you dont think currie looked any good...

From what I saw, Currie didn't do much. I saw Bauman more than Currie and Currie starts! I'm sorry that I have an opnion that's different than yours. The next time, I will wait until you post and will then agree with you on whatever you say.

The guy made a great play, and you have to slam him t_d. How typical of you. I'm not saying he had a great game, or was in any other way spectacular. I was simply pointing out that he did something that I haven't seen in quite a few seasons, and that is breaking off his route and getting open beyond the first-down marker, and making a reception.

Way to turn something positive into yet another negative. And you wonder why you are not liked on this board...

i really dont care if your if your opinion is different than mine, i just find it odd that you bash him but praise baumsn...

Currie contriuted two important first downs. He was a valuable receiver for us.

I have to say I didn't really notice Currie all game until he made the play sigpig is talking about.. And that play was a great one. As for Bauman he made a couple nice blocks but as for receiving(what he gets paid to do) Bauman was again a no show just like the game before and both pre-season games... Now some may argue "but Bauman wasn't a starter in BC"... Well actually, after Stala left the game, Bauman was playing every down. Not to mention all the 5 receiver sets we ran in the first half also..

Currie was a standout at the rookie camp and I knew that it wouldn't be long before he was starting with the Cats. I think he definately has what it takes to be a stater and as mentioned, his play was a major contribution to our win.

Remember the hitch pass to Currie that he turned up field for a 15 or 20 yard game as he just slipped past some would be tacklers? It was the 2nd quarter I believe.

yea that was actually a pretty nice play by Currie.

and Porter needs to take easy on those WR screens, he threw it too high both times (once to Currie and once to Prechae) causing them to leave their feet which obviously slowed down the play porbably reduced the gain a little bit.
I'm sure he'll adjust that though. :thup:

People on this site are crazy.

I said the guy made a great play but didn't really see him do much before or after that? Is that slamming him? Maybe, but that's the honest truth.

He was GREAT on that one play and unnoticeable on every other down he played. Is that better?

You don't have to like me and I don't really care. This is a board where you can have your opinion and discuss it and just because my opinion is different than yours, you bash me?

I never came out and said he was so terrible. I said the play was good but I didn't notice him after that. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT?

I can ONLY say something positive about this guy when someone starts a thread about him?

You, sigpig, are one of the reasons why no one wants to post on here anymore. You can't say anything without being bashed.

When I post on here, it's something that I truly believe in. If you share a different opinion, then so be it. Write and tell me what you think and provide evidence. I have no problems with that.

I don't appreciate when you take a personal shot at me saying that no one on here likes me and I'm turning everything into a negative.

Like come on, grow up. Just because you don't have a job and sit on your computer all day waiting for the next new post to come doesn't mean you can take it out on me.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME, THE PERSON, AND NOT MY OPNIONS, PM ME. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY OPNIONS, THEN REPLY TO MY POSTS.

Okay, let's get this straight. I AGREED that he made a good play. Am I not allowed to say that I didn't really notice him the rest of the game? Do I have your permission oh great Makaveli? Do I?

He made 1 play and you are crowning him the next Earl Winfield?

I praised Bauman for his blocking skills. I like Bauman. Is it okay to like him? He still has something to work on but clearly he's not as good as Currie. I apologize. Currie lit it up so much on Friday that I didn't even realize it.

What do you have to do on this site anymore? You can't point out anything negative and you get ripped and basically called an idiot because I have a different opinion than you.

Why don't you start a thread after next game for everyone who made a good play? Do that then. I want to see it. But you have to clearly state NO NEGATIVE POSTS, I MAY GET OFFENDED!

I like the receiving core we have. They are young and playing with a young QB. I think we need to give them all some playing time and you'll see a huge difference at the end of the year.

man your a mess, do you even know what your saying?

Where did i praise him or say he was the next winfield? I said he made a few nice plays... The only reason bauman is still on this team is because he is canadian and that could all change in the next few weeks.

Let's face it none of our receivers really stood out because the ball was spread around pretty well. The only really standout to me on offence was Cobb because he usually had the ball either running it or catching it. Didn't leave much else for the remainder of the offence. Which is a good thing. I would like Porter to go to Prechae more often however.

I like how Cobb's great at catching and running as well as taking the handoff and running. He also threw a couple good blocks for Porter. Very solid back, could really help us on Saturday if he starts.