Airese Currie Added To Active Roster

Airese Currie has been added to the 46-man roster while LB Dennis Haley goes to the injury list. Personally, I'd like to see Currie activated to take McDaniel's place as a kick returner and back-up receiver. Currie has shown great speed and quickness when he gets his hands on the ball, which has been evident since training camp and the first couple of games he played in before getting injured.

I haven't seen the guy much but from what I have he looks good. tons of speed and I don't remember him dropping any passes. I hope he gets a chance to show his skill tomorrow.

I agree McDaniel has not impressed me at all. I'd like to see what Currie can do too.

He's near the top of the league in combined yards has had some really big returns and fields the ball really well, he's gotta impress you a little bit.

Haley was impressive while Floyd was out.

McDaniel hasn't done much lately in the return department.

He's gotten the ball much more than most in the league. His bigger returns were in the first 2 games of the season. He has done little in the way of having on field vision to break some long ones since. His kick-off returns are not bad but I'm not impressed with his punt returns.

Having said that we haven't had a decent punt and kick returner sine Earl Winfield and all I'm saying is I'd like to see what Currie can do.

He's gotten the ball much more than most in the league. His bigger returns were in the first 2 games of the season. He has done little in the way of having on field vision to break some long ones since. His kick-off returns are not bad but I'm not impressed with his punt returns.

Having said that we haven't had a decent punt and kick returner sine Earl Winfield and all I'm saying is I'd like to see what Currie can do.

Oh I definately agree about Currie. I was just saying Mcdaniel hasn't exactly been terrible.

RE mcDaniel.. its not just the punt returner... its also the system... how you set up the wedge,.... who's there to "block" as much as you can on a punt.... so its not all the returners fault, whoever they might be

all 12 members of our special teams are critical on punt returns ... not just the fellow you see flattened on the replay ..

I have noticed for sure that our blocking always goes flat and McDaniel is forced to improvise and does a pretty fine job of it. Once we learn some good blocking scheme's, i'm sure we'll see a few big McDaniel returns. As for Currie, he is absolutely outstanding at taking off with a screen pass. Both great players.