'Aging team': Perception vs. Reality

We both saw the new coaching staff as a real positive for a competitive camp and a fresh start in a new system rather than a potential release due to a change in philosophy. Reading about Reinbold i thought he would love a player like Jeff. I would imagine this would mean Emry and Brouliette starting in a 3-4 and an import safety for 2012.

He was told it could possibly be a while before signing to a new team so that was not encouraging to hear. I actually thought it would be more of a signed by the end of the week process. Still holding out some hope it will be. Not that he played outstanding or anything but he was more than serviceable and he really only played terrible in the playoff game.

His agent actually said being excluded from the Florida camp wasn`t a huge deal or out of the ordinary and he does have a ton of contacts so hopefully he can land him a training camp spot at the beginning of camp rather than as an injury replacement. I am hoping he will end up out West and closer to home.

Jim said during the conference that he based his decisions from his coaching staff’s input. If a player wasn’t going to be in play for a position there was no point in keeping them. The conversation centered around Ramon but he felt the players cut were quality and he was hoping they kept playing if that was in their heart.

Now that the season is underway, it's worth noting that we have gotten even younger, with the release of Ferri and Carter and the addition of Lavoie and Ingram.

But at least two posters in BigDave's pool referred to us as an old team. :roll:

other then AC the team is equal in age to every other team in the league!!

Hunt released, replaced by Cash. Getting even younger.

Because this two month old thread got bumped and i still lurk here all the time...Jeff is FINALLY dressing tomorrow in his first game with Calgary replacing injured NI Safety Keenan McDougall. Not great timing as the Stamps have their bye week coming up and these little injuries to that secondary will heal up. Hopefully he can make a couple plays and get off the PR and at least on the 46 for the rest of the year. One game to make a big impression or back to the PR waiting for injuries.

Last year when he got pressed into action in game 1 vs. BC i thought he did outstanding....except the whole getting cut when Reinbold took over i thought he had a pretty good rookie year. haha.

20 hours...i can't wait.

Only reason Jeff is in the CFL is because the Als gave him a shot. I will look for him on the field when I watch tomorrow. He's talented and hard working. I know he will do well.

100% that is the only reason he is still hanging around.