AFL/VFL Finals

Well there are 4 teams left in the AFL/VFL Finals (playoffs) now in the land of Aus.

St.Kilda Vs. Sydney

West Coast (Perth) Vs. Adelaide

I predict that it will be:

St.Kilda over Sydney (Since I'm Victorian, I gotta go with my godmother's team, but if Sydney wins, not hard feelings, they have never won the premiership before)

Adelaide over WC (I hate WC with a passion, I hope the Crows beat the shit out of them!)

Then:

St.Kilda over Adelaide (I'm a Vic, gotta go with Vic teams! If Sydney is here instead of the Saints, I'll go with them because it will be their frist. Plus, they were the South Melbourne Swans, so there is a Vic connection there)

Anyone else have anything to add?

http://afl.com.au/

(I don't really know how the finals system works, so I can't answer that question)

I think the Grand Final will be Sydney vs. Adelaide

That my second pick, who do you think will win?

I don't know about that geo, my hunch is that it will be St.Kilda vs West Coast.

Well there are 4 teams left in the AFL/VFL Finals (playoffs) now in the land of Aus.

St.Kilda Vs. Sydney

West Coast (Perth) Vs. Adelaide

I predict that it will be:

St.Kilda over Sydney (Since I'm Victorian, I gotta go with my godmother's team, but if Sydney wins, not hard feelings, they have never won the premiership before)

Well the Saints were thumped (in front of 73,000 + screaming Victorians at the G) in the final quarter 7 goals to 4 points.

But Sydney have won the flag before, but the last time was in 1939 when they were South Melbourne

And as I type this the final siren has just sounded with West Coast 14.9 (93) winning by 16 point over Adelaide 11.11 (77).

VFL? Is the V for Victoria? I thought there was only one league for all of Australia ... now I'm confused. Where does this fabled VFL fit in?

The current AFL used to be only a Victorian League know as the VFL. Then they added teams from other places in Australia, finally officially becoming the AFL in the early 1990's

I do think it's BS that my countrymen took the VFL and made it into the AFL. They should have just made a whole new league by taking the best teams from all over Australia (like the CFL did).

Too bad the Staints lost. :cry:

But I'm going with Sydney Swans (which as meantioned, used to be South Melbounre) to defeat the evil WC Engles in the secord all non Vic permership final. I don't like all this non Vic permership final crap, it seems to be becoming a pattern. It's like there beening a Alll West Grey Cup Final back to back in the CFL.

When is the actual day the final is being played?

According to the AFL website ( www.afl.com.au ) the Grand Final will take place on the 24th.

I'm glad to see people take interest in this particular topic.

Though the AFL sucks, Aussie Ball is the greatest sport in the world!!! then comes Hockey and then CFL football. :smiley:

Sept. 24th you say?? As long as I can get it on the channel that carries the weekly highlights I will be watching!

Fox Sports should shoe the Final on the 24th, they have done it for the last few years, I can't imagine why they stop now, even though they are the untimate soccer network. P*******!

Just found it....."Fox Sports World" Friday starting at Midnight

I'd tape that on PVR or TVON, or just reguar tape.

[originaly posted by [i]geo365[/i]

When is the actual day the final is being played?

Generally speaking, you can pencil in the last Saturday in September for the playing of the AFL Grand Final. It's a very rare occurance that will cause the day to be moved.

BTB, this coming Saturday will be the decider for the 109th pennant--they've not always played a finals series or final for that matter.

The game will be on that day, the only way it will not be is if there is a tie beteew the teams in the frist game, which they have to reply.

I really hate that rule though, I think if the Grand final is tied, it should be decided by the 6 point goals, whoever has the most wins.

It's all about money Kanga, about money -- a replay puts another 100 thousands fans in the stands with all the ancillary revenue that generates: And let's not forget the extra few million $s from the tv rights.

TIME TO PARTY BABY!!!! HEY, WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS PARTYING WITH US? C'MON CANADA! GET INTO THE GROVE!!!

(Lond Techno music playing, Madhouses version of "Get into the grove" starts to play)

I'm just wondering if anyone else but myself saw the game on Live TV.

Even you, Kanga.