Adams #1 - What say Trevor Harris?

With Mr. Adams signed to an extension in Montreal what becomes of Trevor Harris?
Harris revitalized an impotent and injury-riddled Als offense when he came aboard as an emergency late-season signing but is there room for him on the Als roster next season?
I say yes but only because Harris may be forced to accept a high-number 2nd string QB spot in Montreal. Reason: Too many available guys who are younger and more viable floating throughout the league.
Only team theoretically to covet Harris would be Edmonton, his original CFL team. What comes around goes around, eh?
Ottawa is another team which has a slew of promising but under-experienced QBs vying for their #1 spot. Plop LaPolice needs a solid vet to be competitive, else his days are very, very numbered.
Don't forget about Winnipeg. Winnipeg fans cringed every time Zorro Collaros was touched this season. They have no viable back-up - - - although I'm sure there may be off-season efforts to re-acquire THE HERO, Chris Streveler once Chris realizes he's just a clipboard holder in the NFL.
I suspect Winnipeg might go as high as $200k to acquire Trev Harris, and with playoff money & bonuses added, Harris could easily make $300-$325k. . . . and continue to don a pro uniform.
Would Montreal have $200k to place on Harris? Or would they want one of: Dane Evans, Jerry Masoli, David Watford when one (or more) emerges from the Hamilton bubble?
Edmonton, once Barker is installed as GM/Exec. V-P will be going after Evans or Masoli and won't be afraid to re-plant Trev Harris into a new culture!

1 Like

Back to ottawa.

T o much baggage back in Ottawa Imho

If I was Trevor Harris I'd sign as a backup for a backup's salary (say... an even $100,000) with performance incentives that would increase my payout to around $250,000 if I wind up as the starter and meet most of my performance target levels.

1 Like

Als have to keel Harris, even if he is overpaid as a back up

They have to 'keel him'? Isn't that a bit drastic? Personally I'd let him leeve. :grin:

1 Like

I meant to say they should peel him

1 Like

Huh?! His original CFL team was the Toronto Argonauts.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You do know that Harris is signed for next year. Even if he wanted to sign somewhere at this point he can't. So I'm not sure where you are going with this but right now he's on the Montreal Roster an they don't have to make a decision on this until sometime next year.

Well... maybe under anasthetic. It's still gonna be an owie. :grimacing:

1 Like

He says anything that goes through his mind and why would Harris go back to Edmonton after they just dumped him and fired all his friends???

I suspect Montreal may find a way to keep him.

Well they could always lock him away and pretend he's not there anymore if anyone asks.

I’m not sure if I would rather be keeled or peeled. Both sound pretty painful.

1 Like

sorry another typo.... I meant they should peel for him..... meaning peel his oranges so he gets proper nutrition....

1 Like

Ok. Not sure how I missed that.

1 Like

I am sooooo peeled. Somebody keel me.

1 Like

I dunno. Montréal is already pretty well served when it comes to peelers.

Now that is a Peeling!

1 Like

Hmmm. I wouldn't want this thread to run afoul of the Montréal moderators. Are you sure she's not peeling in English?

How does one become a moderator on this site. I would like to apply