Adam Rita loses it....

Ha! To be fair to the (blech) Leafs, they appear to be on the right track since Burke took over.

With Joseph, I just don’t understand how coaches fail to grasp how to make him productive: get him outside the pocket and throwing on the run. Austin knew how to get the most out of him. Buratto didn’t and neither does Andrus, and for all the flak he’s taken, Pickett hasn’t won a single game as a starter, so it’s not like anyone can pin all the offensive woes on Joseph alone.

Yep the Blue headed Fruits are a joke. The team is handled a cut or 4 below that of some bush leagues. When the Als brought in Trestman he was surronded by ppull with CFL experience. The Blue headed Fruits haven’t figured that out yet.

Scape goat. It’s what Toronto fans do best and I’m a TML fan, albeit from the west.

Well, we know that Adam Rita is human at least, and gets annoyed by reporters. Funny stuff, really.

The Argos need an OC. A head coach with zero CFL experience shouldn't also be the OC. Get someone else in there to do the job. The defense is at least reasonable, if they can score some points the season isn't lost yet, because Winnipeg is just as bad.

Andrus is no Trestman... but keep in mind that Trestman had experienced people around him, and the Montreal Alouettes playing for him. Full credit for the job he did, but he started off in a significantly better position then Andrus.

I haven't watched the CFL much here in the US the last few years but what's up with all of the new coaches who don't have a clue how to use their best players.Pickett over Joseph-are you for real?!I watched the game Monday over the internet and it was sad to see Toronto to have fallen so far.If you have a coach with no CFL experience you must surround him with an experienced offensive coordinator.Whatever happened to Pinball Clemons as head coach?
Two import kickers?That's plain nuts.Rita vs Naylor probably would sell more tickets than an Argos game at this time.
Hopefully they will figure it out.By the way who owns the Argonauts now?
Keep em' flying! :cowboy:
Sammie Bullock

I agree, in Toronto, Andrus was pursued hard in the offseason. For him to be fired after one dismal season would be wrong. But if Rita & Mohns leave, the new GM would have to be comfortable in retaining Andrus. That may be a tall order.

I would guess Bart gets to keep his job ... He hasn't been at it that long, and has a decent resume behind him. I would think the Args will stick with him a while - Especially with a decent young QB starting to emerge.

They have Buratto on staff don’t they? and are using him as STC… goes to show you how messed up the Argo’s front office is.

Click on the Argo symbol at the top, bring up “team” and you will get all the positions.

Why isn’t this bigger news? Why isn’t it being reported outside the Toronto area? Why do most reports say that Rita was simply “visibly upset” or “visibly and audibly upset”? If another team had been involved coughBomberscough you know “GM attacks reporter” would have been the headline in sports sections across the country and the lead story on Sports Centre. Another example of why I have no respect for the media.

Because Rita still has friends, where Kelly has none.

Personal feelings regarding an individual shouldn’t trump objectivity and facts.

I agree but that’s not how the world works. Even the Pope is the Cardinal with the most friends…

It’s a Toronto story. . . Blue Blood, if it was played up big all across the country, you’d hear whining in here about how Torontocentric the media is. . . they can’t win. . .

Adam Rita fined for yelling obscenities THE CANADIAN PRESS

TORONTO – Toronto GM and vice-president of football operations Adam Rita was fined $500 by the CFL Wednesday after yelling obscenities at a reporter during the Argonauts’ 34-15 loss in Hamilton on Labour Day.

Rita’s tirade came in the press box near the end of Monday’s game, when a reporter asked him about the status of Argos head coach Bart Andrus.

Andrus’s job security has been questioned after he guided the Argos to a disappointing 2-7 record in the first half of the season.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Football/article/693341

Ok let's flip this around. Rita get's fined but Kelly get's away with calling reporters Lazy Arzes...

Since when is calling someone that considered swearing? Using that word on TV now won’t even make the overly sensative FCC in the States blink an eye so how does it rank anywhere close to what Rita said.

Rita gets fined - incompetent refs in BC/Als game don't even get reprimand. :roll:

Would the Bombers want to sign a guy whose 35+? Unfortunately, Toronto falls into the Yankee mentality of spend big bucks and let the inmates run the asylum. Honestly, other than Pinball, could anyone right this good ship argo? I’m thinking not!!

Unfortunately that is the CFL logic, defend those who goof up, and penalize those who have the right to beef. Maybe it’s time the teams fine the refs and Cohon each time they “bonehead” something!!