Adam Kania

sais on CFL.ca (transactions) that we have added import DL Adam Kania.

Anyone have any info on him?

He attended training camp and was one of the last cuts. Seems like we're bringing him back for another look.

Saw him during the exhibition game at Ivor Wynne. Liked his efforts. Sat next to his Dad, so I think I was influenced a bit, but any time you add a big Polish kid to the mix, good things happen. I think he could help us. Maybe sign his Dad, too!

Personally, I'm glad we signed him again. I never thought we should have let him go when compared to some of the other guys we kept on this team, and I'm not speaking exclusively about the defensive line. What he lacks in skill, he makes up for in work and effort. Wasn't as good in the Toronto exhibition as he was against Winnipeg, but hopefully can contribute in some way, even on specials.

I believe he got some good pressure in the Winnipeg pre-season game including a sack.

Adam is a non-import from Burlington

6-4, 266 pounds

The Ticats sixth-round (43rd overall)
choice in the 2007 Draft

He played four seasons at St. Francis Xavier.

In 31 games with the X-Men, Kania
made 105 total tackles (88 solo)

including 21.5 for 120 yards in losses

and 12.5 quarterback sacks and
was twice named an AUS All-Star.

I like Adam. He was at camp last year as well, but went back to school. I was sad to see him go. He works hard and has a great attitude.

Hmm, just looking at Adam's Bio
HT:6.04
WT:266
Birthdate:
1984-08-03
Born:Toronto, ON

Very similar to BC's Brent Johnson
HT:6.03
WT:265
Birthdate:1976-12-07
Born:Kingston, ON

Could he be our stud NI Dlineman? I hope so!

Adam is a non-import from Burlington
Lee Knight, Matt Robichaud and Lumsden all from Burlington, This guy should be good too!
8) Whoa, let's not get carried away here for a guy that hasn't even played in a league game as of yet !!
 To even mention his name in the same breath as Brent Johnson is a little ridulous !!!         <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

But they're almost the same size, born in the same province, both born in leap years on single-digit days of the month. They're practically twins!

8) Ahh, I failed to realize that aspect JFL !!!
 How silly of me, and how astute of you !!!!     <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

We here in Burlington consider Jessie our own too.

Tony Gabriel an ex-Cat and Robo-Kicker and the guy who beat us with a last secong Grey Cup FG Dave Ridgeway.
I know nobody asked......Oh well