Accountability from the top please....

It’s pro football, the players will play their hearts out no matter who the coach is.

With Marshall he was flawed strategic wise, he was a run nazi who held his oc’s back. Jamie Barresi is a good oc but was not allowed to run the offence how he wanted and if no one believes me just look at what he’s doing now as oc in Regina.

And I also believe Charlie is holding Marcel back, he’s forced to use Charlies playbook which seems to be very limited and when ever our offence stalls it seems to be because we’re running the same pass schemes over and over each week. There was several instances when Winnipeg defenders jumped routes because they new exactly what’was coming wheras Montreal is dominating week in and week out because they have an extremely deep playbook which makes it impossible for defences to figure out what plays are coming next.

bottom line and it may be wrong.
but, a team that plays this inconsistent game to game has to fall mainly on the head coaches shoulders.
his job is to oversee the whole gameplan and have his troops prepared, if not then a fix is needed.

Ron: Huh?
This is getting embarassing.
Take the advice I gave in my last post and take a break from this for a while.

Gotta disagree here. Under Bellefeuille, our offense was just as predictable as yours is this year under the same O.C. Watching the Cats’ offense this season gives me a bad feeling of déja vu. Bellefeuille is the one who is limited, not Taaffe. He has never been able to run a productive offense in all his years in the CFL. From Saskatchewan to Montreal to now Hamilton, he leaves the same ineffective imprint wherever he goes. I have no idea why he keeps getting hired.

what do you think needs to be done to turn this team around ron? dont say they need to replace anyone, thats treason.

I disagree with that on one point.

I believe Bob needs to stop with the hands off management style he has taken. It’s obviously not working. Enough with this “caretaker” garbage. That might work for Braley, but it’s not working for you.

So when I address your posts, counter them and ask that you not put words in my mouth, you resort to implying I have my head in the sand just because I don’t agree with you?

Please, address my posts and my words in this thread rather resorting to opinions of the posters whom you don’t even know.

Cap’n…and you obviously did not read my post.
I’m off this coaching issue until after Labour Day.
Play nice while I am gone. :wink:

Well I’m not Ron but I’ll give you my opinion.

Two things:

• Keep the coaches and give them the rest of the season to see what they can do (8 games with a new coaching staff is not enough time.)

• Look at ways to improve the team through NFL cuts and possible trades.

First of all, there is nothing wrong with bringing in a few new players in an attempt to get better production out of certain positions (DL, OL, WR etc.). Every team in the leauge including the best teams will do this every season, but you won’t always find someone better than what you have.

However, the last thing we need is a complete makeover of our coaching staff or to drop Lumsden, Printers, Mitchell or any of these other names I’m hearing. We need to improve but new coaches and new schemes are not going to help us this season. There is no quick fix but if you ask me, this team is very close to turning the corner. Our record should be better than it is right now and with a little luck and less rookie mistakes it would be.

You say “to turn this team around.” I don’t think we’re that bad…I think we are turning things around so far and the play of our team has been much better this season. We don’t have the results yet but I truly believe they are coming.

I was looking forward to you answering my challenges to your words rather than just going away.

Hope you come back and continue this .

Here’s a comparison from last year’s stats, to this year’s stats so far into the 2008 season.

Offence:
2007 Yds/game 311 rank 7th – pts/game 15.9 rank 8th
2008 Yds/game 386 rank 4th – pts/game 24.1 rank 6th

Defence
2007 Yds allowed/game 394 rank 8th - pts. 25.6 rank 7
2008 Yds allowed/game 417 rank 8th - pts. 28.1 rank 5

winning pct.
2007 .166
2008 .250

Make of that what you will.

I can see the improvement in the offence.