AC takes a leave of absence!!!

[url=http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=20827]http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.p ... &nid=20827[/url]
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 12:00PM

Official release, Montreal - Montreal Alouettes’ All-Star quarterback Anthony Calvillo and his wife Alexia were informed by doctors yesterday that Alexia needed to be hospitalized to investigate a pulmonary problem, one week after giving birth to their second daughter Olivia Christina.

Mrs. Calvillo will need to undergo further tests in possible treatment.

Anthony Calvillo will take a leave of absence to be with his family for an undetermined period of time and asks that we respect his family’s privacy.

The Montreal Alouettes family would like to wish Alexia, Anthony, Athena, Olivia and their entire family the best through this difficult period. We ask all fans to extend their prayers towards the Calvillo family.

The organization will keep fans informed and would appreciate that all media requests be made through the team.

I wish him and his family all the best.

Godspeed to Alexia, AC and family.

Is it just me, or has this been a tough year for CFL players and their families off the field?
AC, DJ Flick, Mike Washington, Joe Smith...
I am sure there have been a few others.

Good luck to all the families out there.

All the best to AC and his family, my thoughts are with you.

My most sincere wishes to the Calvillo family. May Alexia be well.

ok eskies if you can win your two games, this might give us a bit of a chance

I was thinking the same thing...a tough year for players & famillies!

Best wishes to the Calvillo's

Thats too bad hope she does better.

...homepage has an updated notification, reporting that it is a non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which is entirely treatable...excellent news...I know from watching people close to me suffer that cancer scares immediately after pregnancy don't always turn out to be treatable...good to know this one is...

All the best to them and their battle with this.