AB3-any updates?

Any news on his hammy? I hope he will be good to go against the stamps. He looked in a good mood on the sidelines last night. MB said he was pulled as a precaution but who really knows?

If its still bothering him at all next week then he should just sit the last two weeks. No point in straining it even more and losing him for the playoffs. Besides, we have Chris Bauman. :wink:

Well, Duane Forde referenced him as "questionable" with a lower-body injury early in the second half. "Questionable" is much better than "out," so that is an indicator it's likely a tweak of the hamstring. Unless the Cats were blowing smoke here, he should be okay if monitored well.

Katherine Dolan of TSN indicated it was a "tight hamstring." Again, in CFL Medspeak, it's not something I'd worry about if the training staff works with Bruce. We do have other options as others have mentioned.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

I came in late to the game and put the game on w/ the audio off and saw Bruce on the slide lines with no equipment on. Cant find any articles that mention anything about it. Whats the deal?

[url=http://forums.ticats.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61967]viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61967[/url]

Hammy. Nothing definitive, but it appears to be a day-to-day situation at first blush.

You're welcome.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Quote from the sports page of the National Post re:Bruce

He should be fine,? said Bellefeuille. “He just didn’t feel 100 per cent and we know there will be bigger games down the road than this game so it was more precautionary than anything else.?

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/Tige ... z13CZKiUWB

Good news :thup:

I caught the end of the game and saw him on the sidelines in a sweater and no equipment. cant find any details on a cause. wats the deal.

Arland misses practice

Ticat Arland Bruce missed practice on Monday with a lower body injury but head coach Marcel Bellefeuille doesn’t sound overly concerned he’ll miss Friday’s game in Calgary.

"He’s probable to play, I don’t see why he wouldn’t," Bellefeuille said after practice at Ivor Wynne Stadium. "This time of year he could miss a few days of practice and wouldn’t be an issue - our offence hasn’t changed."

Bruce, the CFL’s leading receiver with more than 1,300 yards, was joined on the sidelines by defensive back and special teams ace Marc Beswick and defensive end Garrett McIntyre, who did a little light work but missed most of the team sessions.

“Garrett did some things at practice today but we knew it wouldn’t be a full day. He’ll be fine,? Bellefeuille said.

A number of Ticats returned to action on Monday, however. Guard George Hudson (knee), linebacker Ike Brown (shoulder) and halfback Jason Shivers (arm) are all working themselves back into action. Bellefeuille said he and the rest of the coaching staff may have some decisions to make.

"We have two weeks to figure out how we want to line up in the playoffs,?"he said.

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/

10/26/2010

Update from #Ticats practice
A few notes from IWS:

• WR Arland Bruce missing practice for the second straight day. Looks like Reggie Fish - not Chris Bauman - is taking his reps in the slot for the most part.
  • defensive back Kyries Hebert getting time with the first team defence at safety along with Dylan Barker.
  • defensive back Shannon James is back at practice.
  • Punter Eric Wilbur practicing kickoffs - hasn't done it in a game since injurying his ankle. He also hit a 47 yard field goal and then hit the cross bar from 52 - said he got under it.

10/27/2010

Ticat receiver Arland Bruce missed his third straight day of practice on Wednesday but Bellefeuille sounds optimistic that the league’s leading pass catcher will be available on Friday.

“I expect Arland to play. He feels much better and practice at this point of the year, at this point of his career isn’t a huge issue for us so I would expect to see him out there,? Bellefeuille said.

Hamilton made a couple of other roster moves on Wednesday moving linebacker James Hargrave, defensive back Will Heyward from the active to the practice roster.

The team will likely make a few adjustments on Friday as they set their line up for game against Calgary. Look for defensive back Ellis Lankster to be added to the Hamilton 46-man roster and to see his first CFL action against the Stamps

10/27/2010

Ticat receiver Arland Bruce missed his third straight day of practice on Wednesday but Bellefeuille sounds optimistic that the league's leading pass catcher will be available on Friday.

“I expect Arland to play. He feels much better and practice at this point of the year, at this point of his career isn't a huge issue for us so I would expect to see him out there,? Bellefeuille said.

Hamilton made a couple of other roster moves on Wednesday moving linebacker James Hargrave, defensive back Will Heyward from the active to the practice roster.

The team will likely make a few adjustments on Friday as they set their line up for game against Calgary. Look for defensive back Ellis Lankster to be added to the Hamilton 46-man roster and to see his first CFL action against the Stamps

Arland was spotted during the game sitting in civvies in the corner of the dugout with a grin on his face. Ellis Lankster must have some talent to have distinguished himself out of a large group of players on the practice roster in a fairly short time. :thup:

He's on the depth chart released today. Sounds like he will dress tomorrow night, but you never know.

For sure. Must have something special for them to bump Heyward to the PR for him. It definitely will be interesting to see if and where they use him.

Just on CHCH News Alrand will not dress for Friday night Game!

Just heard on CH that Bruce will not play.

yeah thats a bummer but better he sit now than on Nov 14 :thup:

I thought this was the time of the year players played with pain. Lots of player have nicks and pain. Come on Bruce time to suck it up. :x

Pulled hamstring is nothing to take lightly. I agree with the coaches to rest him.

You’re kidding, right?