Aaron Crawford - Long Snapper - Added To Roster

The Tiger-Cats have added national long-snapper Aaron Crawford to their practice roster, the team announced today.

Crawford, a 6-4, 260-pound product of Saint Mary’s played four games with the Ticats last season after stints with the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Toronto Argonauts.

I'd assume that this means the injury to Marc-Antoine Fortin is not good. Best wishes in his recovery as well as Aaron Crawford stepping in. [url=http://www.ticats.ca/article/long-snapper-aaron-crawford-added-to-pr]http://www.ticats.ca/article/long-snapp ... dded-to-pr[/url]

The team it would appear with this transaction is fresh out of long snappers as Fortin’s backup in the position is
S-Neil King who has missed the last three games on IL. Hopefully neither one is out long term,as it could be a little
tricky breaking in a new snapper and getting a rhythm down and synced in mid season. At least Crawford was here for a
bit last season and his natural position is the same as Fortin and if need be could rotate in at DE in a pinch,hopefully the
injury isn’t as bad as thought and Austin has just brought in Crawford strictly as an insurance policy,just in case.

Crawford has been added to the PR - Miller is the back up who took over on Monday and will continue to play. I think he probably got some time at the position in training camp so will be more familiar working with Medlock than tossing Crawford in. Crawford is here as insurance or maybe in case Miller falters. They will need to give him some practice time of course. Too bad they let Scott walk to Ottawa unless as an Ottawa native he chose not to resign with Hamilton.

If I recall correctly, the snap on Medlock's long FG attempt after Fortin was injured, was a little shakey by Miller.

Miller at 5'10" & 190 is a little undersized as a LS. Teams are tending to go with a little larger guy at LS especially since they are excellent at creating havoc and breaking up the wedge/wall on punt & missed FG returns.

Crawford is 6'4" 250 and specializes as a long snapper.