AAFL/XFL Movement

Wow okie, yes, you never know how things can work out in this wacky world of pro sports, that’s for sure!

[b]https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/1082326646038953985[/b]

Breaking: NFL Network to carry two games per week!

Looking at the AAF teams web site and seeing the number of tickets sold for each team, they make the Argos attendance look great. Most will be lucky to get 10K per game.

How can you tell?

Maybe I’m just not looking right, but it seems to me you can’t tell which seats are sold and which are simply listed as unavailable.

Well, if the upper levels have no seats available and the lower level has 75 to 80 percent available, that tells me that the upper levels are closed off and only the lower level is being sold. And judging by that, the AAF will be DOA in a year or two. Only city that look like they are selling halfway well is San Diego. Maybe that is a FU to the NFL for backing up and moving to LA.

I’ve tried to find articles relating to how ticket sales are going, but without any success. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Season starts tonight 8pm ET. Excited?

Excited? No.

But will I tune in for at least a bit? Yes.

Marshall Ferguson has tweeted that the AAF has some really restrictive pass rushing rules. Defenders are going to need a lawyer to figure out what`s allowed.

I can`t seem to be able to copy them, but here is a link:

wtf. I tough I would just watch few seconds to see if they can beat Argos and Als attendance, but maybe I will watch it longer to see if it will turn into penalty festival.

I’ve had a hate on for Alliance podcasts ever since one made fun of Wally Buono’s name.

After throwing myself into the USFL, World League, and the XFL (well, for about three weeks), I amkeeping my enthusiasm to a reasonable level for this league. I’m not going to stress out about attendance figures and tv ratings, I’m not going to care if someone calls it minor league (especially those who spend entire autumn Saturdays watching minor-league, oops I mean college football). I am simply going to enjoy it for what it is for as long as it exists. As long as there is no involvement from Donald Trump, Vince McMahon, or NFL ownership, this league might have a chance.

Opening Night live stream

Ok I’ll admit, while flipping channels took in the opening night game.
No disrespect to the four legged variety, but the game shown was a dog with flees.
Same boring 4 down rules with no kickoffs and a reduced 35 seconds clock.
The stadium was half full, I do not see this league coming back or even lasting the year.

I watched most of the last Qtr, must admit that CBS did a good broadcasting job.
It was Okay, not great but pretty good.

Had no intention of paying any attention to this league, but nothing else was on, so I watched the second half. Very nice to see Mike Riley on the sideline again. For whatever attention I pay to this league, I will be a San Antonio fan.

I have seen much worse football than tonight. SA defense was good. Last int was really good.

First game of First season, not too bad.

Not having any hope for this league tho. If USFL, with all the money behind it and the likes of Doug Flutie and Hershel Walker playing, still couldn’t make much of a go at it, then…

Maybe if they can keep expenses down to CFL level, they might be able to stick around as a second tier league, sort of a double A if you will.

The first week of the USFL was brutal, the first week of the World League was brutal, the first week of the XFL was beyond brutal. Tonight wasn’t too bad. Ragged at times but pretty good at others. Game production was great, without the excessive graphics and fantasy clutter.

Watching the San Antonio game now on DVR. Not too bad for opening week, pretty nice crowd of 25k+. Apparently ratings were good as well. 2.1 with nearly 3 million viewers. Definitely not XFL opening week numbers, but more than respectable. Will be interesting to see how this league does.

Saw a couple quarters of this weekend’s televised game cuz my old buddy Mike Riley was coaching San Antonio. I love the overall attitude of this game - most guys, coaches included, especially Riley were having a good time and in good cheer - even when screw-ups reared their ugly heads.

Most of the o and d-lines comprised of under-powered and under-sized linemen - probably what the NFL was like in the 30s to mid 50s.

QBs were the best leftover hobos & nobos after the 125 to 150 tied up by NFL, another 30 to 45 tied up by CFL, not much else other than under-sized guys or solid guys with broomstick arms.

Better reffing than average NFL or CFL game, I must say!

Announcing instantly better than rubbish spewed by any Rod Black game!