AAFL 2008 SEASON CANCELLED SO CFL IS VERY LUCKY..

The CFL with NEVER, I repeat, N E V E R, have to worry about the next flavour of professional football in the US. There are tens of thousands of football players down here. That is enough to support several leagues.

New pro leagues are nothing more than NFL expansion bids anyway. Can't you hear the gigantic yawn coming from South of the border?

Forget the CFL going to the States. The league is just about as popular as ever in Canada and THAT is what really counts.

How about a sumo wrestler or two for the Oline and maybe a soccer players from the UK as a kicker and heck, how about some Canadian hunk as QB?

How about we get real here, and recognize that the U.S.A. is the only place loaded with thousands of football players.

A soccer player to punt? OK, a possibility, but still a long shot, and why bother scouting for a long shot?

I still remember an agent, some years ago, who said that if the CFL dropped its requirement that each team use Canadians, he could fully staff every team in Canada with American players. And, that he could do it for $25,000 per player. Now, that monetary value would obviously be somewhat higfher now. But, the fact remains that there is that tremendous pool of players available down south.

Ah Wilf, how about a bit of a sense of humour. You might want to pick up a film called the Replacements…

I wonder if the league folded because the better players got injured in the "PROS VS JOES" tv reality series on Spike!

EXACTLY :thup: 8)

In my opinion the only way to stop the media's daily "threats to the existance of the CFL" story is for the NFL to come here and for the CFL to kick its ass. Which it will. Because the usual media types up here have no knowledge whatsoever of sports in Canada. Thus their constantly referring to the "4 major north american sports", when in Canada this theory doesn't apply.
This AAFL would have had zero impact. Just like the XFL and NFL Europe. We have to send these chicken little to Swiss Chalet!