A whole Referees Clinic in one play

You still can't throw the receiver out of the way on your way back to the ball which is clearly what happened on this play. I'll settle for a call of illegal contact which your photo proves. Thanks again for the photos and video evidence!

Maybe a stupid question but...Assuming that there was a conclusive case for PI or illegal contact, can the ref make a new call once he has reviewed the contested call? I think I know the answer already but you gotta think that Bud Steen was a bit embarassed that the PI or IC was missed. Perhaps he was waiting for his face to go back to normal colour before emerging from the hood? :oops: => :expressionless:

I can't wait for this video replay...because it was, with no doubt, PI. Also, the ref has all the feeds TV does because that is where they get the replays from. There was no camera shot the showed space between the ball and the ground.

Still shots are lousy proof of pass interference.
Wait for the video!

Someone asked what if the ref sees a penalty upon review?
Nothing.
Penalties can neither be overturned, nor called via video review.

[url=http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/ro1313/?action=view&current=pi-pick.flv]http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/ ... i-pick.flv[/url]

He didnt throw the reciever, Bowman clearly tripped.

Here is the video and a repost of the stills

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21540]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?name=PNphpB ... ic&t=21540[/url]

I’ll stand by my original assessment.
Pass interference could have been called on that play, but it was not flagrant.
The receiver clearly trips, though it does appear the defender pushes off slightly which is what allows him to get the ball.
I still can’t see how they overturned that play based on that video angle. Bud Steen…say no more…

Likely the original call of an incomplete pass was the best result/call that could have been made.

Replay sucks

Pass intereference definitely happened on that play but what Im really confused by is hoe they had enough video evidence to overturn the call on the field. Each tiem I watch the video I change my mind about whether he had the ball or not

How do you see PI when Bowman clearly tripped???????
Look at his right foot, it get caught in the turf and twists.

I'm sure some time this week Black will come out with a statement: "We screwed up... again. Sorry."

I doubt it,
Black usually admits an error when it applies to a rule. In this case right or wrong, it was a judgement call

You mean he could balance himself because he was being pushed down.

did ya look at his foot?

he was also pushing, he just lost because he was off balance because of his position. In any case, he was never going to even touch the ball.

Also, if he had not fell down and impeded the DB, its likely that the DB would have got the ball easier and clearer adn went farther down field with it.

Thats how I saw it too.

If they threw a flag for PI on that play, that would have been brutal. They were fighting for the ball, and Estelle really wont the battle, but it should not have been called an interception. The replay was inconclusive, and on the video you can see ball bounce off the turf.

Remember....I hate replay, right from day one!

However, looking really closely at it, the Montreal defender is wearing a white glove, that glove is between the grass and the ball. Is it conclusive enough??? I think depending on your team colours, you can argue that forever. From a BC standpoint, I think they might have got it right. Maybe the officials got camera angles shown to them that CBC didn't show. As for PI, all they were doing were hand fighting. It would have been a weak call at best, then we would have heard the complaining that officials throw too many flags.

one thing I may have missed.

First, I didnt notice too much protest from hamilton re the supposed PI.

Second, I havent read or heard any complaint from them after the fact.

Hamilton couldn't blame the officials didn't they get two or three Unneccesary Roughness calls on their second to last drive?

I see it bouncing off his arms