A veritable plethora of starting QB injuries this past weekend!

On Friday it was Lions Travis Lulay who went down with an ACL injury. If the diagnosis is correct he's out for the season, perhaps never to play football again.

On Saturday TV fans were treated to a triple header! Three CFL games were played back to back. I think I watched 10 straight hours of football that day and ate 25 bags of potato chips!

Sadly, The Redblack's QB Trevor Harris was sidelined with a shoulder injury and may be out for several weeks.

And just when the SSK Roughriders were emerging as a formidable force to be reckoned with, QB Kevin Glenn gets sidelined with an injury to his throwing hand.

The Lions have back up Jennings who has had his ups and downs. The Redblacks have Tate who has had some very good games. The Riders have QB Bridge. I don't know much about this guy so we'll have to wait and see.

Should any of these guys go down, their respective coaches will have to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Rick Dhaliwal?
[ltr]@DhaliwalSports[/ltr]
6m6 minutes ago
#BCLions offensive coordinator Khari Jones on Sportsnet 650 talking about Travis Lulay's knee injury.

Rick Dhaliwal?
6m6 minutes ago
Jones "He is getting his m-r-i soon and we are hoping for the best news. It was tough to see." #BCLions

Rick Dhaliwal?
6m6 minutes ago
Jones doesn't know is Lulay injury is career threatning, "years ago they thought his shoulder would end his career. " #BCLions

Rick Dhaliwal?
6m6 minutes ago
Jones "We will pick up another quarterback real soon, hopefully with CFL experience." #BCLIons

Feel for Lulay. That was almost certainly a season ender. Hopefully the other 2 were not as serious. Harris I heard was not supposed to be season ending which is good.

I'm sure no one is willing to say at this time, including Jones whether this is career ending. Lulay will make that decision or perhaps he won't have to. I don't know how many more "lives" Travis Lulay has left. His previous injuries to his shoulder were very serious and required a great deal of rehab and conditioning to get back into the game. He'll be 34 at the end of this month. If he returns he'll be nearing 35.

I was amazed that he returned after sustaining the shoulder injury and then re-injuring it. Success rate after ACL surgery can be as high as 95% but also as low as 75%. ACL injuries don't have to be career enders but given Lulay's previous injuries and his age I would be impressed if he did any more QB duties.