A true ironman streak ends Saturday......

.......this Saturday Stampeder's Centre Jamie Crysdale won't be donning the pads and taking his usual place over the ball.........get this.......

.......for the first time in ELEVEN YEARS..............

......holder of the CFL non-kicker ironman record at 210 consecutive games Crysdale The Clydesdale's left knee is too banged up to play.......

.......want to know the true mark of a tough guy? The stamps asked him, if he wanted to, he could suit up, take one snap and call it a night, for game #211........Jamie's reply was if he wasn't there to play, to give it everything he could and be honest about the effort he wouldn't be able to look himself in the mirror and feel good about the record........he is wearing a track suit Saturday night............

......can we say Standing O please.........

Wow. I am impressed. Situations like that make me proud to be a CFL fan.

I think Kenton Kieth should have a look at that record...and see how a REAL ball player should perform....nice record to have Jamie too bad its over....... the Bombers will have to work on his area...who knows we might come away with 2 points :roll:

.......the stamps started Godfrey Ellis taking snaps early this week........in a radio interview yesterday Higgins said he has caught on faster than they thought he would and is looking pretty decent.........your right though papa, could be a spot to keep working on.........'course, once you get Burris scrambling he becomes more of a threat than keeping him in the pocket.....

Sorry R&W but the record for most consecutive games for a non-kicker in the CFL is Leo Groenwagen (sp?) at 252 followed by Roger Aldag at 250.

This accomplishment stands out even more when you consider how few games they play compared to other sports. 252/ 250/ 210 those are all unbelievable numbers.

.......my apologies Mr, just heard it on the radio and repeated it verbatim, damn radio guys, when are they ever right?!.......

that would be the longest streak of any active player and is still amazing. and good on him for not taking the ceremonial snap to keep the streak alive, now that is a real warrior.

That is a classy position for him to take. Yeah, standing O when he returns.