A Toast To Robert Wetenhall

I think Mr. Wetenhall deserves the thanks of Als fans, and hopefully his contribution to the Als successful season does not go unappreciated.
We all are aware of his judicious choice of Marc Trestman as HC, but he is also paying the tab for 9 assistant coaches, as well as paying off the contracts of a couple from last year.
While all the players on the Als 9-game Injury List dont count against the CFL salary cap, they certainly count against Mr. Wetenhalls pocketbook.
You never see him Jerry Jones-like on the Als sidelines like the Tor. and B.C. owners. He allows his coaches to coach and his managers manage.
Hindsight being 20/20, we can point to last year`s Jim Popp experiment. But it was a case of Mr. Wetenhall allowing a loyal, longtime employee to follow his dream (which unfortunately turned into a nightmare).
So a tip of our Als caps to Mr. Wetenhall!

Agreed, totally.

He is a fantastic owner. I hope he put a bunch of money on the Als when they were picked as a doormat :slight_smile:

The 2008 CFL season is right around the corner and football fans can now bet on who will win the 2008 Grey Cup championship in Montreal this November. The Toronto Argonauts are currently the favorite to win the Grey Cup at +235. Therefore, in order to win $235 dollars, bettors would have to lay $100 to win $235 for the Argos to win. The B.C.Lions who finished 14-4 SU last season are +350, while the Calgary Stampeders are +450 to win. If [b]you’re a longshot bettor, the Montreal Alouettes are +1100 to win the Grey Cup, which means gamblers would lay $100 to win $1100.[/b] The Hamilton Tiger Cats who have a new QB taking over next season in Casey Printers, are +1050 to win the Championship.

2008 Grey Cup Futures
Toronto Argonauts +235
B.C. Lions +350
Calgary Stampeders +450
Winnipeg Blue Bombers +525
Saskatchewan Roughriders +700
Edmonton Eskimos +1000
Hamilton Tiger-Cats +1050
Montreal Alouettes +1100

Unreal you guys were labelled as "no way hosay" for 2008. Hey, I guess that's why the games are played afterall. Someone knew something about Trestman, that's for sure.