A toast to our veterans alive and dead!!

Canada is a wonderful country to live in. We are blessed with peace, a decent economy, and a culture that is respectful and accepting of others . Sure it is not perfect but we are the envy of most other countries. To those who fought for our democracy and survived we are most grateful. To those who never made it home to this wonderful land, our thoughts are with you on Remembrance Day. We salute you and silently remember your sacrifice. Look around. I see our neighbours to the south in a war that will be difficult for them to get out of. I see racial frustration in France. I see ethnic cleansing and senseless killing of innocent people in many third world courntries. For a moment on November 11th, think how lucky we are to live in Canada- appreciate it and take pride in all the civil and decent things our country has achieved in our short history. Long live Canada and thanks for providing us with such a tolerant democracy veterans!!

sincerely,
a proud and lucky to be Canadian

Make that two proud and lucky to be Canadians.....I couldn't have said it better myself.....

Amen guys, thank you to all those brave men and women that fought for what we enjoy today, it will never be forgotten.

cheers!

Thank you from me too, those are the real heroes in our country, the soldiers that fought so valiantly for our freedom.

If anyone wants to see what soldiers in world war II went through (and I know it's an american series but our Canadian soldiers went through the same thing) I suggest picking up band of brothers.

great post.........here to you ALL! AND THANK YOU!

Thank God we have people in our country who were willing to lay it all on the line for us, and millions of future Canadians. Thank you, Canada's veterans for what you did. You will be remembered.
thank you, also , Turkeybend, for initiating this thread.

Happy Remembrance Day Canada!

that was beautiful TB!

I wish I was Canadian. Aussie Canadian, that is.

Here is to the veterans! and the brother ship of Australia and Canada!

Great Post Turkey! Without our Veterans, we wouldn’t be able to have these great arguments and voice our freedom of speech!

THANK YOU VETERANS!!!

....TO ALL OF THOSE GUYS WHO PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE FOR THIS GREAT COUNTRY...WE SALUTE YOU ....WHAT WE HAVE TODAY ...IN EVERY RESPECT IS OWED TO THEM....AND WE SHOULD NEVER FORGET....

Amen

The legacy of Canada's presence in the world wars is still being felt. A couple of years ago I went on vacation to Amsterdam and alot of times when I stepped in a pub or 'coffeeshop' the locals would see my canadian flag cap and thank us for helping liberate their country in WW2 from Nazi occupation. I was so proud to be Canadian when I heard that and am so grateful that we never had to personally experience anything like foreign occupation becuase of those incredibly brave souls who had to pay the ultimate price for our countries freedom. It gives me shivers, actually.

My father was in the First Canadian Paratrooper Battalion who jumped on D-Day. After hearing about the things he did and watching movies like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers, I have nothing but respect for those people who put there lives on the line for us and future generations.

I have asked my self what I would have done if I was in that situation. Would I be able to put my fears aside and do what had to be done?

I don't know and I hope I never have to find out...

gobble gobble.........once again turk you have said it best......our thoughts and prayers go out to all those who made the ultimate sacrifice for what they believed in.........

IN FLANDERS FIELDS the poppies grow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place;and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch;be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
-By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Canadian Army

• Lest we forget!

Amen. We will never forget. Thank-you!