A Thread for Those Who Saw Positives- SAY DEFENSE!!!

Look... I'm truly disgusted (on one level) that we lost by a stinking point. I think that there were LOTS of issues (including offensive coaching, kicking problems, etc.)...

But the "D" played a heck of a game!

We have the best D in the league.

2 & 6 over the last eight does not make a glass half full. But I'm sticking to my 9 & 9 prediction, but man that was a frustrating game. :cry:

Absolutely,and especially after last week.

The D did it's job tonight.It's the other side of the ball that let us down...

I'm POSITIVE there is a bunch of morons around here... let the blame game begin/continue...

sigh

Why can't people realize there is NO one thing that costs a team the game??????

Great job D! They play with pride. Keeping the Stamps out of the endzone all night is a beautiful thing. I liked the play of the secondary tonight. It was their best game I think. Run defense was fantastic in the second half. Pressure on QB was good. With a little more pressure, this secondary will be ball hawking like crazy. I think they're coming together as a unit. I love that Bradley is in the starting line up now :thup: . He plays with a great intensity, and Tis - he's been great since emerging late last year. Keep it up boys! That's good old fashioned Hamilton Defense.

I totally disagree. Poor execution will cost you a game 9 times out of 10

Without any O, the Cats are going nowhere.

Thank you.

Anyway, the D kept the Stamps from getting even a single touchdown. That's an accomplishment. There might those who'll say that Burris is in a slump, etc. but they did get some pressure on him and there was some good coverage on the receivers.

As for other positives, Cobb had 79 rec. yards, AB3 had 74 and McDaniel keeps catching everything thrown his way.

The negative did outweigh the positives, as is the case when the team loses. But this thread is about what was done right as we nearly beat the champions in their own house.

[quote="HalfTheDistance" Why can't people realize there is NO one thing that costs a team the game??????
[/quote]
I disagree

Marcel made a bad call not going for a long single to force OT - at least then there would have been a reasonable chance to pull out a win tonight!

Gibson’s head on the proverbial platter. That is all for me.

Defence made it a very winnable game. In-game adjustments on offense and we at least get the game into OT. I can’t believe the disconnect between the desire of players to MAKE plays and the sheer inability of the offense brainstrust to get it done. Marshall and his men did a great job. Very disappointed to see this one slip away.

I agree, the D is getting better with every game (with the exception of one). They bend but have rarely broken. It is the offence and the kicking game that is letting THEM down.

Hopefully the team can stay POSITIVE as those of use replying to this thread are. The D was just outstanding in planning and execution! The O was better than CAL's, showed improvement along with several new wrinkles and was good enough to win. Tonight we lost the Special Teams' battle by a lot, the turnover battle by a bit, and lost by just a point. Overall, they played way better than I expected they would tonight.

If the team doesn't get spooked by the outcome, and overly nervous about the Bombers on their butts, and feels as good about tonight's positives as I do, they'll have their most convincing win of the year on Thanksgiving.

[quote author="settafan"]

I disagree

Marcel made a bad call not going for a long single to force OT - at least then there would have been a reasonable chance to pull out a win tonight!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????
For Setta to reach JUST THE GOAL LINE , he would have to have kicked a 75 YARD PUNT!!!!!!...TO THE GOALLINE.

did you even watch the game?

Cats should of won, everyone knows it, Stamps stole one, no biggie.

The trouble is that the Cats are not consistent. One week the defense plays gr8 and the offense sucks. Other times the offense moves the ball but the defense gives it up. We need a consistent team effort, each and every night. Lets face it, Burris is no AC. The defense did play a tighter coverage tonight which was needed. They need to do the same the next time we play montreal.

Marshall ............................... :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Was blown away by our D...an awesome effort. That's old-skool Hammertown D. Was most impressed by the secondary.

Agreed... face it all you nay sayers, we were 20 yards from beating the defending Grey Cup Champs... The 1st quarter turnovers is what cost us the game but it's is not a major flaw that we cannot fix. 2 wins against the Peg and one against t.o and we got ourselves a playoff game...

Let's take a positive and move on. :rockin: