A Tenth CFL Franchise

Yup...apparently the Hammer has surpassed the Peg.

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I would add, that Halifax County is actually 450, 000 people and it doesn't take more than 30 mins to get from end to end of the county.

K.K. Just think, once Halifax gets their Stadium and Team, They'll be passing your expansion team...the Blue Bombers!...LOL

:wink:

alright f-uc-k all that shit riders are the best

Actually about 90% of the tickets sold out in the first two days. The remaining 10% took longer to sell because they were 40$ endzone seats on aluminum bleachers, which is what I got. (Great view of the cheerleaders though!)

Also, there was a preseason game in Laval a year or two ago, involving the Alouettes - and less than 10,000 tickets were sold (the Rouge et Or usually play to crowds of 18,000 and up).

That game in Halifax was a bona fide sellout, at huge ticket prices, for just an exhibition game.

Glad to hear Halifax county is that small (30 minute drive) and has that many people (450,000). That's more than enough, close enough to support a team. One of the big problems with going to Moncton, IMO, is that although there may be more people AROUND, how many are going to drive a good distance to get there? A lot of it depends on where the people are.

My vote is still for Halifax ... QC would be my second vote.

I’m not sure if that’s right. Maybe 30 minutes if you’re going North-South, but if you’re going East-West you’d have to be going pretty fast and there’d have to be absolutely no traffic. I think it would take closer to an hour to drive from one “side” of the county to the other. However, other significant towns (outside of the county) are 30-60 minutes away, like Windsor, Bridgewater and Lunenburg, and the Annapolis Valley.

QUEBEC CITY has my vote.

The game in Halifax had 10,000 people in the stands. That is very nice. But you need at least 20,000, and more realistically 25,000 to have a viable and competitive franchise (which is why Montreal has plans to make the stadium bigger).

There are more people in Quebec City and more money in Quebec City. The other important factor is the natural rivalry between Quebec City and Montreal, which would really give a jolt to the franchise. If you want to downplay Quebec City because of the exhibition game that was played there a few years ago, you have to know that people in Quebec City hate Montreal, hence it wasn't a surprise they didn't want to pay to see the Alouettes play against some other team.

If Ottawa is struggling, think about what would happen in Halifax!!?? Not there yet.

BTW, my name suggestion for a team in the maritimes is:
The Martimes YYYAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRSSSSSSS!! (think sea captain here).

How about the Easterners. And I think The Okonagon (SP??) area could use a team. Perhaps in Kelowna or Penticton.

Kelowna or Penticton are way too small ...

Heck, I hate the Eskimos, but if (hypothetically) Calgary didn't have a team and there was an exhibition game (in Calgary) between the Eskimos and whoever else, I'd go just to cheer against the Eskimos. I wouldn't pass up a chance to see live CFL football just because I hate one of the teams. Hating a team is just as effective as loving another ...

Whatever, Winnipeg will have 1.3 million people by the team Halifax has 700,000

However, I don't want to see Winnipeg get to a million, I'd like it to stay a nice little metropolis! :wink:

Kelowna isn't there yet...

Victoria and QC are just right after Halifax.

halifax should get a team in the next 2 seasons then it would make the cfl more exciting