A Tenth CFL Franchise

I would like to see a tenth franchise brought into the CFL. I had looked at the website that the pre-season game in Halifax went well. Halifax would be a good city for a tenth franchise.
Is there any possibility of a tenth CFL franchise? If yes, when would where & when be decided?

might want to check out the other topics on this site that speak to a tenth team. It will bring you up to speed on what the rest of the forum thinks.

Check Out The Jack-tars ..... Seadogs Topic And Also The CFL Teams Vs. Pop Topic, Both Should Still Be On The First Or At Least Second Page.

OK, boys, meaged this topic to the other expansion topics!

Though I like to tal here about why and why not a CFL team in Alaska would be a good idea. I add my shit on that later.

Does Alaska have enough people to have a franchise? It would be very cool (no pun intended) to have a team in Alaska. Or are you joking ? I'm for having as many franchises as possible. It would be great to see cities like London, Thunder Bay, Windsor, Halifax, Quebec City, Sudbury have a team even if they would only have an average of 20,000 or so. Heck, why not have some US cities like Watertown, Syracuse and Scranton. Cities that are too small for the NFL but big enough for the CFL.

Does Alaska have enough people to have a franchise? It would be very cool (no pun intended) to have a team in Alaska. Or are you joking ? I'm for having as many franchises as possible. It would be great to see cities like London, Thunder Bay, Windsor, Halifax, Quebec City, Sudbury have a team even if they would only have an average of 20,000 or so. Heck, why not have some US cities like Watertown, Syracuse and Scranton. Cities that are too small for the NFL but big enough for the CFL.

I just wish we had a 9th franchise… :wink:

do we even have Mods on here to merge topics, i know we have 2....

HA HA HA ! Good one, leeing. :mrgreen:

Enough of this Thunder Bay nonsense. Kelowna would be a better choice for a team. Why? It not only has more people, but people actually live near the city. Thunder Bay is fairly big, but it would be the smallest market, and have no people within the 3-hour drive zone. Outside of the city, no one lives there.

Yes, there is a possibility for a tenth franchise. It has happened twice before - when Halifax got a team (that folded), and when there was the American expansion.

Anchorage has as many people as Halifax, and it would be cool. However, THERE IS NO FOOTBALL STADUIM TO SPEAK OF! I just wanted people to know that’s it’s a dream of mine but will never happen. Had Anchorage got the winter olympics in 1992 or 1994, it would be a different story and heck, Alaska may have had a team during the US expansion experiment (Alaska Gold Miners!, not Sacramento) but sadly it wasn’t meant to be.

I’d love it if Alaska was apart of Canada though, as I have said before.

Check out Alaska’s staduims at this site:

[url=http://www.worldstadiums.com/north_america/countries/united_states/alaska.shtml]http://www.worldstadiums.com/north_amer ... aska.shtml[/url]

The cfl is looking to expand to the east coast city of Halifax. They will be the 10th franchise!

I think we should expand to Bermuda!
Their stadium looks alot like commonwealth

[url=http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/bermuda/hamilton.shtml]http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pi ... lton.shtml[/url]

Bermuda should be nuked off the face of the Earth after they rejected to become a new indenpendent nation in 1995, I'm dead serois!!!

Besides, there satdium is under 10,000. No good!

Quebec would be better then Halifax in my opinion, though not for another year or two.

For the Halifax preseason game, almost half of the tickets had to be given away for free when they wouldn’t sell.

And Quebec’s Laval Rouge et Or university football team gets more fans in the seat then any team in the East. There is a football culture growing in Quebec City, and it would be good to make sure it takes off. Not to mention Quebec City is 2-3 times the size of Halifax

Westcoast, where did you hear that? They were begging people to take tickets to fill up 11 000 seats in Halifax? I was under the impression that they were selling like hotcakes for $40 a pop.

"For the Halifax preseason game, almost half of the tickets had to be given away for free when they wouldn't sell. "

This comment is entirely untrue. The game sold out completely. My two friends weren't able to get in but did manage to watch from outside the gate a bit of the game.

"And Quebec's Laval Rouge et Or university football team gets more fans in the seat then any team in the East. There is a football culture growing in Quebec City, and it would be good to make sure it takes off. Not to mention Quebec City is 2-3 times the size of Halifax "

Quebec is not even two times the size of Halifax actually.

Had to point out these facts - I really hate people slamming my hometown!

QC has more people than Winnipeg, which has about 700,000. Halifax has about 300,000. You do the math.

Sure thing. From Statistics Canada - metropolitan populations:

7 Québec QUE 710,800
9 Winnipeg MAN 702,400
13 Halifax NS 379,800

379,800 x 2 = 759,600 people which is stil 50,000 short of being even twice as big.

There's the math!

I stand corected!

Winnipeg is 9th?!? WTF!