8 TD 17 INT
71.9 QB Rating

For Comparison here are DD Stats for 2006

2006 DICKENSON, D BC
238 of 338 70.4 3,032 Yards
70.4%
22 TD 7 INT
QB Rating 111.2

This is the worst comparison ever. One guy, Chang, played on a different continent, and you're comparing his stats against:

• A starter from last year (Mass), who had 484 pass attempts.

• 2 Other quarterbacks who had a combined 105 attempts.

Considering Butler only managed to rack up the stats against our defence of last year, this doesn't mean much at all.

Your Right The comparison is not great.
Maas Threw the ball more then any of other QB Combine in 2006

239 more Times in Fact
At this Time all we have to go on are these Stats.
If want to Compare Maas Vs DD
I Take Dave over Jason Any day.

it not Perfect comparison but
it's all we have to go on.
Jason or Rocky could blow Other guys away.
But they Could also Choke too.

Here is a look at our QB Stats from 2006 Looking at Them Right now Stats Wise. I say Rocky Should Start Comments ???

2006 Timmy Chang, Rhe Fire NFLE
89 of 50 659 Yards
56.2%
4 TD 3 INT
80.7 QB Rating

Well.... since according to these stats Chang completed 89 out of 50 attempts I would have to go withhim. Anybody that can complete 1.8 passes with each thrown ball is tops in my book! :smiley:

we all know what the QB's can do except chang
so give him lots of rep's in preseason and
start him in one of the preseason games, if
he is less than average, cut him, if he shows
real potenial play him in the first reg. game

Yeah, I figured he'd be good but that's better than perfection!! The guy completes passe he doesn't even throw.

An Argo-Cat fan

Generality.... Statistics are for losers.

Let's not kid ourselves. All four will, I hope, get a fair shake in camp. The staff will pick the guys who they think will best be able to run THEIR NEW OFFENSIVE PLAN.

Since we don't know what that plan is, why guess who will best be able to run it? Does Taaffe value a scrambler, a thrower of the long pass, someone who can run himself as needed, what?

The training camp should be very interesting this year.

I am also of the camp that doesn't take stats too seriously re the QB position. There is more to the elixir of what makes a QB great/a winner than passer ratings.

I think of Ken Stabler in the NFL and Bernie Faloney in Tigertown as two prime examples of this. Neither had passer ratings, completion percentage, or the like that made one coo with delight reading the sports stat page after a typical game. All they did was win.

They led.

For me, the key issue is can the QB in question make the play necessary at crunch time to elevate his team above its opposition week after week? Does the offensive unit have the collective confidence in that man to direct his team down the field to win in a final drive with the game on the line?

Bernie Faloney was that man for the Tiger-Cats if one takes a historical perspective, although Danny Mac at his Ticat peak (1998-1999) certainly had that too.

It made Joe Zuger a winner in Hamilton even though his career numbers don't knock one out perusing them. He was simply a courageous man who gutted the big games out and got the job done. A little more than being a Ravens-vintage Trent Dilfer CFL equivalent for his era, to be sure...with the added bonus of being an all-star punter.

Even so, in the CFL, a combination of passing efficiency and that kind of serendipity is indeed lethal. For me, Doug Flutie at his best had that capacity, even more than Warren Moon (by a bit I would say). Flutie's mobility and ability to improvise out of the pocket made him the prototypical CFL QB.

I don't think Bernie Faloney was as efficient as Doug stats-wise, obviously, but I think it is reasonable to suggest that the intangible of leadership is what allows QBs of differing abilities to be included in the convo of "who do you want under center with the game on the line?"

It is that element that shakes down after a period of time goes by, usually. Tom Brady would never have become the legend he is now if people had simply took a look at his Michigan stats and said "see, backup material!" Brady took his opportunity when it presented itself and the rest is living history.

Would the Pats have had the dynasty they had in this era with Drew Bledsoe at the controls? I have my answer, and leadership is the criterion.

Time tells at the QB position. We will get a better idea from training camp whether Maas can rebound or if one of the aspirants can make an impact and get in line to become the main guy.

Oski Wee Wee,