A Simple question ...

If Charlie Taaffe won the coach of the year in 1999 and again in 2000 ... just how bad were the other seven or eight coaches?

Not that I'm saying anything ... I'm just sayin'.

Cheers

DVD

8)

Spinning the facts to support your point of view

is very popular around here.

Lot's of people do it, but

Does what you said indicate that
you are 'for' or 'against' Charlie?

Didn't Charlie take over an already playoff team in montreal?

He had veterans and an established team when he took over.

With the Ticats, we are young and inexperienced with no pass rush and a pourous offensive line. It will take 3-4 years before most of our guys are ready to play at a high level in the CFL. In that time we will have 2 coaches, Chuck and some other guy, then whoever we get after that guy, will make a couple adjustments and the Cats will be a cup winning team.

Look at the Detroit Red Wings. They were garbage through all of the 80s but they stuck with their players (Yzerman, Federov) and after a couple coaches, they won a lot of cups and now they are an established veteran team and perenial cup contender.

In other words, Charlie is not the saviour who will lead us to the promised land, it will be 2 coaches down the line that will make us a yearly winner unless we pull something out of a hat this year that shows signs of improvement heading into next year.

It will take 3-4 years before most of our guys are ready to play at a high level in the CFL. In that time we will have 2 coaches, Chuck and some other guy, then whoever we get after that guy, will make a couple adjustments and the Cats will be a cup winning team.
8) Boy, you not going to make a lot of people happy here with that assessment !!
Why be so optimistic ??  The way some people on here demand that coaches be fired each year, it may take even longer than you predict !!!!           <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

I am a Tiger cat fan. Period! I cheer for the team, their coaches, management etc ... Win or Lose! I do not claim to have the answers, nor do I claim to know more than the management of the team, nor do I claim to know more than anyone else. In fact I probably know a whole lot less that a lot of the "experts" around here.

I just saw a chance to ask what I perceived in my own warped mind as a rather humorous question ... sorry

:oops: I did not know that I had to state my allegiance to this coach nor the next one in my post. Again, I apologize :oops:

Cheers

DVD

"Expert" is defined as:

A) X = a variable in a mathematical equation and spert is a drop of water under pressure ... an expert therefore is a "Variable Drip"

B) EX as in a former and spert is a drop of water under pressure ... an expert therefore is a "Drip Gone Dry"