A rant and a trade or two

Okay last night was awful even for a pretty optimistic guy like myself. When I heard the stat about having lost some 14 of the last 15 games to the Argos I started to think what would we trade for that could help.

A wild thought is how about Damon Allen as q.b. coach with a guarantee that he starts 2-4 games oh I don't know maybe Labour Day and the following week against the Argos. He looked angry last night and if somehow we could get him out of Toronto I am sure he would be one motivated guy to play against the Argos but this is a pretty out there idea. Now I know the chances are slim that we could get him out of Toronto but it's a thought.

Let him coach/play q.b. the rest of the year.

Does anyone think that Copeland could be had from Calgary for say Brock Ralph or is that too much or not enough.

If I could make one big trade it would be for Buck Pierce but the price would be very high maybe Corey Homes and more and I think Corey Holmes is an allstar. Or perhaps the rights to Casey Printers again depending on what the price is.

I really believe we are set at halfback - Jesse/fullback - Radlein, how about putting Dickerson at the other slot if Corey Holmes is used as well. I like Jo-Jo and as far as I am concerned the Cats should be negotiating with Setta's agent right now on a long term deal.

Are the lines good enough or do we trade for another rush end and offensive guard. Personally I would wait to see the o-line after all the changes are made in the next couple of weeks.

Obviously, we are not presently dealing from a position of strength but when Anderson/French and our o-line settle in we will be much better, hey I said I am an optimist. If however we loose to Montreal it will be very hard to do anything seriously about making the playoffs this year but lest everyone forget which I am sure many have if we beat Montreal next week, a big if I grant you but if we do we are in third place.

I really think that anyone calling for the Coach/GM to be let go after two games needs to seriously rethink, however I must agree much to my disappointment that being blown out is unacceptable period. We must be competetive that's all any real Ticat fans wants. People who have made their livings coaching and recruiting winning football and football players do not forget how to do that over night but at the same time they do not play we are dealing with human beings here.

Let's improve the team. In my opinion the owner is the best there is. The Coach is very good. The GM is good and almost half I believe the number is 23 players have played two games in the CFL.

If I could speak directly to the players I would ask them, not to play any harderbecause that should not even be a question, I would say compete. The fans of the Hamilton Ticats want a competitive team which at the moment we are not.

So having given my rant, who would you realistically trade for and who would you give up to get them and why?

1. Damon is not going anywhere.

2. Copeland for Ralph? Higgins may be occasionally perplexing as a playcaller, but he's not an idiot.

3. Buck Pierce is money in the bank for Buono. He's not going anywhere is long as Dave Dickenson is one head shot from possible retirement.

4. Yes trade Jesse for Dickerson << please decode this for me.

Oski Wee Wee,

i think if we can get a really good reciever or two and a really good o-lineman and commit less penalties we would be alright

Lumsden for Dickerson is firmly tongue in cheek. Copeland is not a starter and after tonight can be had I believe. Our o-line will improve. By the way two touchdowns for D.J. Flick tonight ouch.

I think Damon could demand a trade if he really wants to play.

Anyway, I think we have some assets but not at say 0-4 or worse.

Peace

Lumsden for Dickerson is firmly tongue in cheek. Copeland is not a starter and after tonight can be had I believe. Our o-line will improve. By the way two touchdowns for D.J. Flick tonight ouch.

I think Damon could demand a trade if he really wants to play.

Anyway, I think we have some assets but not at say 0-4 or worse.

Peace

Damon is done. And he doesn't have it in him to be a coach--too selfish.

The Cats have few assets to trade that anyone would want. The team has few quality guys and no depth anywhere. Desjardins' best bet is late NFL cuts.

An Argo-Cat fan

Trade Maas for a bag of balls and a few pylons

great idea!

Well you'll definately get a few pylons for him but the bag of balls are questionable.