a question for the old timers here

Craig Ellis might be the most underrated player of all time, certainly of his era.

Led the league in receiving as a running back for Sask in '85 with 102 catches … then was cut. :roll:

Eskimos gave him a call asked him what he was up to, said he was playing in a flag league … FLAG FOOTBALL! They signed him and he put up ridiculous numbers as a slot back in '89 when the Esks went 16-2.

Gerry James makes his home here on Vancouver Island, still participates in golf tournaments and just looks terrific. He released his biography last year about this time, I believe.

Hey Niagara, did Prince Hal actually play two ways? I thought he was “just” a pass catcher. (But what a pass catcher!!)

Best all-round player of all time: Jackie Parker....................................................then everyone else

I’d be interested to know the avg. heights and weights of players in Jackie Parker’s era, especially the linemen. I’m guessing they were a lot closer in size back then, so multi-talented athletes like Jackie Parker could showcase their talents.

Today, playing a game in the CFL for QBs, RBs, linemen, linebackers, DBs & inside receivers is like getting into a multi-vehicle car accident.

I know there are a lot of QBs that can also kick and run, but I doubt that we’ll ever see QBs ever play defense again. They wouldn’t last.

yes, the book is titled “Kid Dynamite” and Gerry was kind enough to sign this biography for me during an appearance at the Hall of Fame last year.
A very cordial individual who also took the time to share a few tantalizing stories of his career during our conversation.

Great guy and tremendous athlete.