A New Rule

Pretty exciting Grey Cup game today. I wouldn't want to change much about the CFL, but one thing I'd like to see is a different approach to converts.

Having the kicker line up 12 yards directly in the centre of the field pretty much guarantees a successful field goal. I'd like to make it a little tougher.

I suggest that the ball should be placed on the 5 yard line, in a line from where the touchdown is made. If it's made close to the sideline, the ball could be placed in line with the yard numbers, or somewhere around there.

This would make the convert more difficult to make - more teams might go for two points - and at least, we wouldn't have long strings of successful converts like Troy Westwood has.

Waddya think?

no no dont talk about the convert.
Kanga will go on and on about the action point again

i think the mods should delete this before kanga even sees it…

I like it how it is.

Don't screw with the CFL rules. They work fine.

KK - this thread is a joke to get you excited so there is no need to reply. lol

I like it how it is. No need to change, it works fine the way it is.

No.

Three reasons:

1. Tradition. The conversion has always been an easy, 99% shot. The two pointer has always been a 40-50% shot. That's the way it's SUPPOSED to be. I'm rather glad that the conversion is started on the 5 in the CFL instead of the 2 or 3 here in the States, it makes for a better looking field and a more difficult shot.

2. The hashes: These things only deviate 15 feet from the goalposts. While I'm the kind of guy that wishes that these were slightly wider apart (20 yards, with a 66 yard wide field), it's good. The most you're going to get here and Kanga should agree with me is that a corner touchdown convert should be placed on the hash. Still an easy kick, as it should be.

3. This isn't rugby. I'm the biggest rugby sympathizer/fan/player/club admin you'll meet online, and I have my own opinions on the two codes, but gridiron is a different beast, mainly due to the two-point conversion.

In marking the kick at that position, you have the potential of slowing down the game (one of the reasons why I want placekicks banned from rugby, replaced by dropkicks only). Also, you overadministrate the game without a massive change in outcome:

The farther from the posts you are, the more likely you are to go for 2, and 2 point conversions are, when adding in completion rates, about a 6.90 point touchdown, instead of an average 6.98 point touchdown for taking every convert from center. The guesstimated average I give you is 0.08 points, not nearly enough for a policy change of this magnitude.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

THE ONLY RULE CHAGE THAT I'D LIKE TO SEE AFTER WATCHING THE GAME WAS HAVING THE OT START AT THE 50 INSTEAD OF THE 35.

I DO HAVE A QUESTION, WHY DID MONTREAL PLAY IN THEIR THRID/HOME JERSEYS AND EDMONTON IN THEIR AWAY ONES??? DIDN'T EDM HAVE A BETTER SEASON RECOND???

AND YES, I'D LOVE TO SEE THE ACTION POINT DONE, BUT I HAVE SAID ENOUGH, AND I'LL JUST POST A LINK LATER.

Season record has nothing to do with who will be home and away in the GC. That is determined during GC week.

How?

jbell, BTW:

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2038&start=60]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?name=PNphpB ... 8&start=60[/url]

Coin toss Kanga. They flip it, and if you call it right, you are the home team. The Esks, with their better record call it... and they called it wrong, so they became the visiting team. Not that it changed much things, because the crowd seemed to be on their side last night.

OH! THAT'S COOL!!!

and that happens befor the game, cool!

hen, but cool!