a little levity

maas: You want answers?
ticat fan : I think I'm entitled to them.
maas: You want answers?
ticat fan: I want the truth!
maas: You can't handle the truth! Son, we play in a league that has to pass. And those passes have to be thrown by men with arms. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Zontar? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Eakin,Richie and you curse the Cats. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that D macs release, while tragic, probably saved losses. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves losses...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at ticats.ca, you want me on that behind centre. You need me behind centre.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the very blanket of wins I try to provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a helmet and try out. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
ticat fan: were you playing hurt all season?
maas: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
ticat fan: Did you play hurt the whole season?
maas: You're goddamn right I did!!

Someone's been working on a screenplay to sell to the NFB.

I've seen that movie, it has a sad ending.

yeah, the ticat fan dies

…alone in the basement, with turned-out pockets.

Posters of Argo greats adorn the grimey walls, ticket stubs to past Argo games litter the floor, laundry hamper filled with Argo sportswear…

An Argo fan

And just what is that smell in the air? Is that RW's special incense?

a wallet belonging to stripes containing $22.85 tightly clasped in his outstretched hand.

The team bus pulling out of town for the season. Mikey clingng to the bumper crying 'Don't leave me! You can't leave your Mikey!!!

falls down laughing Y'all are just nuts!!!

Marcel introducing the new Head Coach.....Frank Kush....."Say hello to my little friend" to stunned underachieving players. :twisted:

Bob Young alternatively giggling uncontrollably and sobbing to himself in the corner....

An Argo fan

You forgot “s***ing his thumb”…

And they pulled out early this morning and didn’t bother giving me a wake-up call…damn!

Oh well, and to think I had planned to take them all out for a great steak dinner in Vancouver! …oh well, too bad, so sad…

http://www.canadaka.net/modules/Forums/images/smiles/rotflmao.gif

Well done. That famous “you can’t handle the truth” line was just the start of quite the rant in one of many memorable moments in that film. And perhaps some might say that Rob Katz should have given a similar response when Brian Williams was interrogating him about the decsion to fire Greg Marshall. It would be appropriate, as it too would involve an individual who is near the top of the chain of command.

:)

This would have worked had Maas actually supplied us with WINS!!!..lol… nice job NWO!!

This thread has DEFINITELY supplied A Few Good Laughs !

Peace.

I'm taking an early ferry over this morning and am going to sign Maas to a multi picture deal that will not include him throwing anything other than a wing and a prayer......

Good. According to some GM's, other players came close to throwing some games.