A few facts about the Al's offense...

I did some research on the Al's website:

Marcel Bellefeuille is now the OC, but he has been the running backs coach for the last 2 seasons.

• Robert Edwards has been fumbling the ball like a madman the past 2 seasons. Coincidence? A coach can teach an RB how to hold the ball. Marcel, why can't you help Rob Edwards? Did you make him worse?

-Charlie Carpenter is in his first year as the O line coach. Really! Our O line started going downhill when? The RDS analyst Vercheval (good ole Pierre, I like him and he is good) said during the broadcast of game 3, that Charlie told him that the guys on the O line were playing for their jobs! Could it be that Charlie was trying to save his job by blaming his players?

-The recievers coach Tim Kearse was with the Green Riders from 2001-2005 and he worked with Marcel Bellefeuille! Do you realise half of our offensive coaching staff is made up of people who were run out of Saskatchewan!!!

Our offense stinks! The players are awesome! Maybe, the guys on the O line are old, or maybe they are badly coached and can't thrive in a bad system...

I think we have to make major changes in the Offensive coaching staff (and put Mudge back at right tackle).

Please Popp, or Larry, wake up and make changes!!!

please stop spewing crap and try to find 1 positive thing about the Als... or go on the Argos forum and do your job over there! :twisted:

Fact- Marcel Bellefieulle was the receivers coach not the RB coach and until last year we had 2 consecutive years (one of those years we had bellefieulle) of 4 1000 yard receivers.

I hate the guy but get your facts straight

The following paragraph is copied directly from the Als website:

"In his second season with the Alouettes, Bellefeuille becomes the Alouettes’ Offensive Coordinator following an extremely productive campaign as the team’s running backs and receivers coach. Upon his arrival with the Alouettes, Bellefeuille brought five years of experience with the Saskatchewan Roughriders, including three as Offensive Coordinator.

So, my fact about him being the running backs coach was correct.

Furthermore, the Als had 4 1000 yard receivers in 2004 and 2005. I am pretty sure Bellefeuille joined the Als in 2006, so he had nothing to do with those 2 seasons of 4 1000 yard receivers.

Stewie is correct. Bellefeuille wasn't here the last time we had four 1000-yard receivers. Not coincidentally, our passing game started to decline the year he came in as receiving coach.

Check the numbers:

[b]In 2005[/b], 19 receivers with 1000 yards.

[b]In 2006[/b], only 8 receivers with 1000 yards.

Al's was the only team with 2-1000 yards receiver & 1-1000 yard rusher !

Couldn't it be that D's around the league just got better ?

As much as I "hate" our O this year, is Bellefeuille to be blamed for last year performance ?

The new ball had a lot to do with it last year but you cant just look at total yards. Were compleations the same? Attempts? Interception?
PI penalties?

IMO Montreal has never replace Jermaine Copeland. He helped open up space for the other guys like Thurman Anderson, who turned out to be a one season wonder.

Bellefeuille isn't the only reason our receiving corps has tanked. Defenses did get better, the new balls affected quarterbacks, etc. BUT our team had become known for an explosive passing attack and I don't think it's a coincidence that our vaunted passing attack fizzled the year Bellefeuille became receivers coach.

I agree. Cope was never replaced.
Als don't have a running game or deep threat/passer. What's left ?

Ben Cahoon

Bellefieulle was the OC in Regina for a time. Thanks for taking him off of our hands! Our offense was abysmal under Marcel. It had all the passion and creativity of a high school offense. Marcel forces his offense on players. It is an unltra conservative and boring offense. All good offensive coordinators cater the offense to the personnel. AC is a fine quarterback being watsed by a wholly unsuitable scheme.

once again if you want to get the goods about the offence or any other info then tell it to bryan on his forums
most of the offence would have viewed what ya'll are saying and for sure there would be some reactions or response to all your questions
your all wasting your time
chiu's forums is where the pros view and post

Hey Hector, respectfully, stop bashing this forum. I know you and the alsgoals.com guys want to get people to view your sites, that's ok, but don't piss on this fine site. Also, do not call out people on this site/forum for expressing views that you do not share. Debate, yes we can debate, and the people here like to do so.

As for the players wanting to reply to what we say about them: this is the OFFICIAL CFL site. If people here state their disappointment with a player or a coach, it is not a secret! The players and coaches can and surely do read these forums. If they want to reply to criticisms, why not do it on the official CFl site?

I am a little offended by your posts. The Als fans on this site love and support their team. Yes, they do criticise sometimes.

If the Als players are as tough as we beleive they are, they will come and defend themsleves here on this forum. It is cheap for you to CALL us out and have us tell them on their forums. They read these forums, and they know what we are saying.

Shame on you hector...

I just saw I had an email. from hector asking me to visit a certain site... I visited the site because I am an Als fan. Ok, we get it. I am happy to visit a site dedicated to the Als. But, I am uncomfortable with the way you promote it...

WELL I CHECKED OUT THAT SITE OF BRYAN'S AND FOUND IT COOL
AS FOR HECTOR BASHING THIS SITE
I SEE NO REAL EVIDENCE OF THAT
YOU SEEM QUICK TO DO ALOT OF BASHING AGAINST THE ALS
RE OUR OFFENCE STINKS IN ONE OF YOUR POSTS,THATS WHAT YOU CALL BEING SUPPORTIVE OF YOUR TEAM
SO BEFORE YOU GO ACCUSING SOMEONE WHO WAS PROBABLY JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT OUT THERE
AFTER I READ THRU THIS SITE AND HAVE SEEN WHAT YOU SAY I'D SAY HECTOR WAS WELL WITHIN HIS RIGHT TO POINT OUT TO YOU, THAT IF YOU ARE SO FREE TO COMMENT ABOUT THE TEAM OR THE OFFENCE IN SUCH COLORFULL MANNERS THEN WHY NOT BE UP FOR A REBUTTAL OR 2 FROM THOSE WHO YOU THROW STONES AT
I THINK YOUR MISSING HIS POINT
I AM NO WAY ASSOCIATED OR CONNECTED TO ANY WEB SITE JUST A ALS FAN WHO JUST WAS EXPRESSING MY OPINION
GO ALS GO

Of course not!
Seeing how you and hector are the same poster!

Here’s a pitcher of Keith’s draft and a bunch of 20oz glass.

Hector: What would you like Stewie to do go place a negative post on a guy’s personal web site?

Stewie: How is Hector supposed to promote the site? Mail you an invitation?

Als online fan bas is small and fragmented as it is, so stop throwing sand in each other’s face please.

Now come over and drink some pale Ale :slight_smile:

Gulp Gulp Gulp ahhh thx HfxTC needed that next round is on me bro.

This site has a great AL'S fan base, some of the post praise and some post bash, others are fans visions of what the team should be doing on and off the field.

How many post's on this site have players answered? Are you sure they read them? Are they ALLOWED to answer?

The forum on the other site is giving fans a chance to speak 1 on 1 with the players, to tell them how great they are or how their play has disappointed you.

Instead of Making a post here "WHY WOULD SO AND SO DO SUCH A PLAY IN THE 4TH WITH 5 min LEFT?"

The post can now say here "THIS IS WHY SO AND SO DID THAT PLAY IN THE 4TH WITH 5 min LEFT"

Every one is entitled to their own opinion,
but if we all went to watch Stewie at work and criticize how he didn't pour the coffee rite, or missed a spot when wiping down the table with out asking him why he missed that spot before we judge him it's not fair for Stewie, is it?

This reply is not ment to offend or flame any one...well maybe Stewie a little but he has thick skin.

We'd have every right to criticize Stewie at work IF, and I mean IF, he was in the professional entertainment business. If not then not.

Professional football teams are in the entertainment business. It's a public endeavour, and thus they are open to all the darts and laurels we the consuming public care to direct their way. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

If, on the other hand, you work in a private enterprise, then of course we wouldn't come to your jobsite to either criticize or praise your efforts.

Simple, really.

Well said Stewie. It's one thing the debate the opinions of others. It's quite another when all you do is criticize the people who have an opinion at all.