a Few Changes needed in Eskimo territory

In my opinion the Esks are strong and need only a few small pieces of the puzzle to be Grey Cup Contenders. I believe that we should re-sign Byron Parker and actively court Free Agents Ricky Foley, Peter Dyakowski, and Sandy Beveridge. All three are very good players all are Canadian and all three address our weaknesses. What are your opinions.

Something tells me we won’t even get close to Ricky Foley.

[url=http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Lions+Only+odds+return+Canadian+finalist+Foley/2266488/story.html]http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Lion ... story.html[/url]

Foley becomes an unrestricted free agent on Feb. 15, and says it's "only 50-50" that he'll return to B.C. next season. He grew up on the family farm in Courtice, Ont., east of Toronto, went to York University and was taken fourth overall by the Lions in the 2006 CFL draft. Following B.C.'s 56-18 loss in the East Division final Sunday in Montreal, Foley spent two days packing up four years' worth of stuff on the expectation that he might not be back.

"Unless they come at me with an astronomical offer, the smartest thing to do is to wait until Feb. 15," he says. "I really love Vancouver and the guys I play with. But I've waited this long to become a free agent, so I'll probably see who has the most interest and who wants me the most. I don't know what the Lions are thinking. There have been some weird moves. Jamall Johnson was a great young talent they kind of let go."

It does not sound like he really wants to sign with BC again so I think if we had a solid offer we may get him.

Holy crap. That's a huge surprise. I thought for sure he'd be locked up by Wally early. :? Eh, make him an offer. :lol:

my perdictions is that Braily will buy the Argos and bring Walley over to be Pres and the big signing will be Foley with the Argos . Ackels will resign in Calgary and move back to BC . Machoka will still suck in Edmonton.

OK, so we've re-signed Kabongo and Ellis... now what's happening with Parker? We got this guy for a steal. It'd be a shame to just let him walk.