A Break

Remember last season. Riders looked terrible in Toronto in Week 2, looked better bit still a bit sloppy in week 3 loss to Lions. The problems were very much the same. I remember vividly John Chick in the ocker room saying "we're close. We just need to be a little bit better everywhere. It's not just 1 thing." It's eerily similar.

Then the had a bye. They came out of the bye and destroooyyed Toronto and Ottawa and kicked off a 7 game win streak.

Maybe they just need to hit the reset button. They don't get the bye this time until Week 8. But they DO have a long week losing last nite (Fri) and not playing again until Sun. Why not give the guys some time off? Just go home for 2 or 3 days and forget football. Come back on Tues fresh and ready for good focused practice. Dressler, Chick, Labatte, Fulton, Brackenridge, all these guys have been through the ups and downs and have lost 4 (2013) and 5 (2012) straight on THIS team before. They know that it has never been the end of the world before. It doesn't have to be now.

They have a good room I believe. I mean I'm not in there, but from what I can tell the attitude is as good as it could be hoped for. There's no finger pointing (or at least none public) so that is a great sign.

Go home. Relax. Watch a movie. Play with your kids. Forget football for at least 2 days. Hit the reset button and erase the bad corrupted data from the hard drive in your brain. Come back refreshed.

Not a bad idea but for most players "going home" would be almost pointless as home is too far away. They would only get there and have to turn around and fly back.

I like the idea though of taking Monday off this would give guys with some bumps and bruises another day to heal and for the rest of the team a time to just unwind. Although staying any wheres in this province likely means for some there would be no getting away from the attention. Still if they could get their minds off of the way things have gone so far. I can't see it hurting anything at the very least.

I think once this team hits the win column, they have the capability of winning 7 or 8 straight. The question is when?

This Sunday against Hamilton will be a huge boost for them to break the bubble. Special Teams have a great day and honestly I believe will win this game - hopefully by 6 to a dozen pts.

the biggest break that we can get is having no injuries for the next 3 games.

You nailed that one on the head.

Five letters here just for everybody out there in Packer-land: R-E-L-A-X," Rodgers said Tuesday on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show. "Relax. We're going to be OK."

Remember this...someone from the leadership needs to step up and do the same...12 points away from being 4-0

Riders will be ok and the players need to believe it....

Yet a loss this week likely means the axe falls.

I don't know if a loss this week will bring the axe down. If that happens it will probably be two heads on the block and that could get real messy. I think an ultimatum may be the first step put to Cory. Either let Quick run the D or get someone in that will. If he refuses then there will be little choice but to cut ties. That probably means the end of Taman's time here too.

I guess its certainly isn't unfeasible to have ODay take over at least as interim GM and I would think Lapo would be their first call to take over as HC.

I hope this doesn't go down that way, as even though I don't doubt ODay's or Lapo's abilities but it very seldom goes well for the team for the rest of the season. If Cory accepts stepping down as the DC and just focus on the HC job and things still continue to go bad then perhaps at the bi week there will be a change, but again hopefully it will not come down to this at least until the season is over.

I guess though if things really go bad and they are 0-8 then the season is realistically done anyways and if a change was to happen during that time then it would make little difference as far as making the playoffs this year anyways. Bringing in a new HC at that time so he can evaluate what he has for players and coaches may work out for the team better going into next year knowing who what and where changes need to be made.

Hang on sports fans we could be in for a bumpy one.

if there is a mid season change it is likely +/-1 week of the bye. They either give the new guy hands on so he can think more over an extra week or they see how CC brings the team out of a week off with guys coming off the 6.

I know it is early…but it is obviously being discussed or Taman doesn’t make his “my head might be on the block” speech. A certain couple people have had an olive branch extended as a feeler to see if there would be an interest should something progress (I can say this with absolute certainty). I am not saying it is there yet…but people are covering their bases at this point. The fact both CC and BT are (at this point in time anyways) tied at the hip is a factor in it all to…that is 2 contracts through 2017 at probably a total of 600k+ per year…that is a factor to some degree. Chamblin can 100% turn this around still…but the team needs a W

[quote="depopulationINC"]if there is a mid season change it is likely +/-1 week of the bye. They either give the new guy hands on so he can think more over an extra week or they see how CC brings the team out of a week off with guys coming off the 6.

I know it is early...but it is obviously being discussed or Taman doesn't make his "my head might be on the block" speech. A certain couple people have had an olive branch extended as a feeler to see if there would be an interest should something progress (I can say this with absolute certainty). I am not saying it is there yet...but people are covering their bases at this point. The fact both CC and BT are (at this point in time anyways) tied at the hip is a factor in it all to...that is 2 contracts through 2017 at probably a total of 600k+ per year...that is a factor to some degree. Chamblin can 100% turn this around still...but the team needs a W

You gotta believe to achieve....conviction....keep to fundamentals...trust your teammate and execute...