9 TiCats named East Division All Stars

All the All Stars

Since the same people who chose these Eastern All-Stars (FRC members and CFL Head Coaches) either have, already, or will soon choose the CFL Player Awards finalists, you’d have to think Masoli will be the Eastern MOP.

6 of our 9 Eastern All-Stars weren’t picked last season and Leonard is the only one, still with the team, who was a pick last year but didn’t repeat like Banks, Dean and Tasker have.

Congratulations to them all. Maybe Leonard is just having his ‘sophmore jinx’, and will bounce back next year.

Looking back at the announcement of the team nominees on Oct. 31st, I see that the finalists are due to be announced tomorrow -- Nov. 8th.

By the same reasoning, Dean vs Muamba for the defensive award is too close to call, since they both made the all-star team.

I can't say I really followed Muamba this year. Als nominated him in almost every category, so maybe that will impress the voters. His stats look slightly better than Dean's. Muamba was helped by MTL defence ranking dead last in a lot of key categories, including rushing yards and attempts, which gave him a lot of opportunities to make tackles. I suppose that's impressive in some strange way.

I've noticed, however, that Muamba sure seems to be released by his teams quite frequently, for a superstar ratio-buster.

Muamba is a salary cap buster . Interesting that the voters chose 2 middle linebackers in the east and the west (Dean, Muamba, Singleton, Bighill). They are all deserving.

Van Zeyl and Bomben over Ryker Mathews and Ciraco ? Really ??

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Congratulations to our three CFL award nominees! Great season by all of them!