8 week season East vs East

And anyone on the 3 yr has now paid for 2020 and will start paying towards 2021. The Ticats need to suspend taking payments that cover anything beyond 2020 for now without the threat of disqualifying you for the promised Grey Cup ticket discount. Especially if the season is cancelled and our Cup year is put off one year. We still have the option to opt out now, forget the promised discount and take anything beyond 2020 as a credit. I might just reach out to the Ticats to get a written response to my concern.

Guys - I'm sorry for being this interventionist, but I do think that posts about hydroxychloroquine or the effects of COVID-19 being overblown are off-topic at best and dangerous to the community at worst.

Nobody is saying that criticism is wrong - @Hank01 for example is correct that official advice about wearing masks / not wearing masks was bungled; it was a position taken for good reasons (masks in short supply to medical workers) but was actually dishonest. It doesn't help when our officials lie to us, even for a 'good cause'.

Ultimately though this discussion is both going to lead to an off-topic space, and, honestly, is rather irresponsible. COVID-19 is for real, tens of thousands have died and will yet die, and I don't want to let this site be a place where irresponsible statements are posted for the public to see.

You're all great posters and people and have stuck with the CFL through dark times. My apologies again but let's please avoid getting back onto this topic.

2 Likes

If the type Cats wonā€™t stop taking money off your credit card
Call the office and Ask for them to stop
If they donā€™t you have the option to:
Cancel the card
Then ask your bank for a new one with a new number.
And they canā€™t take payments anymore
When The Ticats call to ask why you stopped making payments explain why
And tell them your objection to continue to pay for a product you may not receive

Anyone can create a Twitter account and discuss politics or whatever on their site. I have to admit, I slip once an awhile a get off topic. Lots of opinionsā€¦ This site is Tiger Cat football and related topics.

1 Like

If you break your agreement with the team by cancelling a credit card and refusing payment (which is your right) you canā€™t get upset when you lose your seat/tenure/grey Cup options etc.

Definitely a decision the individual has to make.

1 Like

It isnā€™t necessary to cancel a credit card. All you do is tell the company (in this case the Ticats) you withdraw your permission to debit your credit card. If they continue then contact the credit card company and ask them to reverse the charge. Document who you spoke to and the time when you withdrew your permission. The credit card company will reverse it for you. The team can still cancel your seat/tenure/Grey Cup options etc. of course.

IMO unlikely at the moment

Yeah, I think teams are going to be working hard to keep as many fans as they can. That means being flexible, accomodating, and understanding.

If it was between putting food on the table or paying for season tickets, believe me I would be on the phone with the Ticat office. Thankfully it wonā€™t come to that point for me personally but that may not be the case for some people.

Yes, most businesses will listen to their customers and personal appeals can and should be heard, and good on the Ticats as that seems to be the case from one of the earlier posts. But I think the point that some posters are trying to get across is that it really shouldnā€™t be up to every individual to have to call and plead their case. Some type of option should have been given to all STHā€™s to either continue or suspend payments until more is known as to whether the season will move forward. This would build be seen as a goodwill gesture from the team and Iā€™m sure most fans would appreciate and remember it down the road, whether or not they choose to defer payment.

Everyone understands that this is a strange and difficult situation for the team and wants to see them and the league come out on the other side intact. Maybe if Ambrosie was talking to the Feds at the beginning of April, teams were waiting to see if any financial relief was coming before offering up concessions to fans.

Of course it isnā€™t.

Itā€™s an absurd idea. Cancelling credit cards and refusing payments are for stolen cards and fraud.

Itā€™s not an absurd idea at all
If anything itā€™s a last resort
Itā€™s not the first thing I would try but if youā€™ve got no choice
If you need to make a choice between feeding your kids or keeping your lights on
And The Cats wonā€™t stop taking the money then you kind of have no choice in the matter

Itā€™s not even an option worth discussing until the team states their policies. Multiple people have said that the team seems to be very accommodating up to this point.

1 Like

Expected nothing less from them

Iā€™ve posted this in another thread as well.

I just received a call from the Ticats as a follow up to my email. In a nutshell they seem open to do what is right by each ST holder. My 2020 will be paid in full with May & June payments. At that point I asked that no further payments be processed until I authorize it. Does not effect restarting payments and still qualifying for the discounted Grey Cup tickets no matter when I restart. They seemed to be ok with credit on account or even a refund if 2020 is cancelled. They are still optimistic that a shortened season will happen. I told them I thought that there will be no season.
Cannot ask for more from the organization. Iā€™m more than happy with the response I got today.:+1::+1::+1::+1:
Of course if the league folds good luck getting any money back.

1 Like

Thanks for the good news Lenny. It is in all too short supply these days. :wink: :grinning: :mask:

Commisisoner said on a Sportsnet radio show/podcast yesterday that games without fans isnt really a possibility for the CFL. He sighted the complexity of having over a hundred people gathered for a game being a roadblock until the government lifts most restrictions.
He said his optimism for a 2020 shortened season is based on hopes in advancement in medical treatments , testing or a vaccine.
So basically no 2020 season IMO.
Link below
https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/good-show/randy-ambrosie-not-high-likelihood-cfl-starts-without-fans-seats/

I would agree. If no fans isnā€™t an option, youā€™re likely waiting for a vaccine. Just my opinion.

Iā€™ll third that. A partial season played in empty stadiums just wouldnā€™t be very fun, IMO. Of course, Iā€™d still watch if the govā€™t and/or TSN steps up with funds to compensate for lack of fans. I feel for all the workers associated with the league who could lose their income due to a lost season.

If we do end up losing the 2020 season, then hopefully weā€™ll all cherish what we have in 2021 that much more.

And though Iā€™m not a Ticat fan, I hope they keep the core of their roster for 2021. I had/have them as early favourites for the 2020 Cup.

1 Like

Here's the link
https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/good-show/randy-ambrosie-not-high-likelihood-cfl-starts-without-fans-seats/

Crash: If waiting for a vaccine is the criteria for the CFL to resume, I would say that would mean no 2020 season AND no 2021 season. Vaccine testing takes time. Then going into full production to supply the world and administer the shots will take a lot longer than 18 months. No sports league could survive the loss of 2 seasons.
I would like to think some creative and workable solutions will come along before the end of this season. Onknight is on the right trackā€¦ but like everything else about this virus, there is still a lot to be learned about it. Hard to believe how much damage it has caused already. From what I can see, the CFL is just one of many entertainment businesses that could be wiped out permanently if the public is scared off from public gatherings. I hope it does not come to that. The league is too much a part of Canadian history to be lost that easily.