7 canadian starters.......

IS IT TRUE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A MANDATORY 7 CANADIAN STARTERS IN THE CFL AND I WONDER WOULD THE NEW COMMISH ABOLISH SUCH A RULE THATS ODD BEING FROM THE STATES......

It is true and no it won't change. The CFL has been around for almost 100 years, I don't think our new commish. would change something that rich in tradition. Plus, I think he would need the approval of the owners of each team.

if that rule was abolished the league would become an nfl development league and it would lose appeal to the canadians who actually follow it because of the content; wouold ben cahoon be a league star if he wasnt canadian talent playing and starting must downs for the a's? He is super talented but would he have been starting?

Still haven't found the cap lock key huh!
The comish does not have the power to unilaterally(that means all by himself) change the rules!

BTW
Cahoon is not Canadian!

But, would you still follow the league if the required number of non-imports was reduced? Let's say 20, or 15, or 12. Would you still watch?

Why reduce the number of non-imports? Is there a shortage of work for American players or something?

Theoretically, by reducing the number of non-imports, you increase the talent pool.

My concern is that cheap teams wouldn't go after better talent, they would go after more cheap Americans. But, you never know.

I don't think either of those things would happen or that Canadians watch the CFL because there are Canadians playing. They're watching their home teams ahead of anything else. I think they should remove the import rule. It should be like any other business in Canada.

I have no problem with the import rule as it is now.

...thats just the way it is buster....next you'll be telling us that we should go to the 24 hour clock so we can be 'more like the U.S'.....well, its not going to happen either, we like to keep time just the way it is...

Sometimes there are exciting Canadian players that you want to watch and they compel you to buy a ticket.

But, I suggest most of these outstanding Canadians would make it in this league regardless of the import rule.

I'm pretty sure you had a thread complaining about this rule a while back. I remember you're all caps typing and American ignorance.

...thats just the way it is buster....next you'll be telling us that we should go to the 24 hour clock so we can be 'more like the U.S'.....well, its not going to happen either, we like to keep time just the way it is...
:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

...AS IF, we would go to the 24 hour clock....I'd have to change all my sundials.

Troll, Troll, Troll. they like to be Fed.

Ratio rule is good, good, good.

some NI's wouldn't get shots if it wasn't for the rule and those are the same guys who are the heart of CFL teams.

NI rule helps build the sport, you don't like the import rule go watch the:
No
Fun
League

or watch the:
Almost
Football
League

By saying that aren’t you ignorant you’re self. And on the topic at hand I think the rule will not change, because they want to keep it Canadian Football. Not saying that Americans can do well in the CFL in fact if you think I’m wrong you should see the TSN Top 50 CFL Players.

ps Im a American CFL Fan.

Well then lets abolish 3downs; make it 4; make the field narrow; make it 100 yards; move the goal posts to the end of the end zones; make the end zones 10 yards deep and change to no motion offence; hmmm are you getting the point yet?? I like the CFL because of the difference in the rules. Any other business in Canada; how about radio stations having to play canadian content were you aware of that ; oh yeah how about tv stations having to have canadian content... hows your mutual funds what are their canadian content? Maybe put a lil more thought into that statement of canadian business before blurting it out....

Ditto

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

(I've used this line twice alrerady today!)