6000 GC tickets for sale on Saturday

Getting all the Rider hate out of your system? Feel good? Let it out so you don’t have a stroke, I’m worried about you, dude.

4 Likes

The one thing wrong here is too many fans after the grey Cup seem to think the snark shit can come out.
Too bad, it kinda ruins the whole off season here

2 Likes

He was apparently feeling sick last night . I’m hoping that he feels better today and back to his usually cheery self soon .

2 Likes

You know me… when there is an opportunity to be a smartass, I just can’t help myself, lol

1 Like

lol.

There are those that say that “smartass” is my middle name . :beers: :laughing:

I prefer sarcastic as my middle name

1 Like

You might try reading my posts:

I love Canadian football. I don’t “hate” any CFL teams. What I hate is whatever threatens the CFL.

:unamused:

My dad used to say “better a smartass than a dumbass”.

1 Like

In that case you shouldn’t be singling out one fan base. There have been plenty of empty seats around the entire league all year. And a lot fewer eyes on tv, as well.

I’m pretty sure that’s a league issue, not the fault of any one fan base. Empty seats are a symptom, not a cause.

Mist smartass people have no idea that they are actually dumbasses. No matter how many times they get told otherwise

Of I wasn’t such a dumbass, I’d be offended by that remark! :laughing:

1 Like

No. The empty seats are absolutely on the Roughrider fan base. Those tickets had been bought by Roughriders fans! But when the Roughriders didn’t make the game and the buyers of those tickets couldn’t ditch them (like the thread starter here), they opted to boycott the game out of either disinterest or some misguided form of protest.

But that hurts the CFL. The optics were bad, very bad, for future ticket sales, TV rights negotiations and potential sponsors. You do not, let me repeat, do not help your team by refusing to show any support for the CFL in general.

:frowning_with_open_mouth:

1 Like

Dumbass snsry

I must say that I am mildly surprised by all the negative comments against the Rider fan base and the Bombers and their talent and character, none of which are true in my opinion.

It was a great Grey Cup game with lots of good or bad plays that either team could have won. I don’t see how all of these deep negative conclusions can be justified. I wish more people would just appreciate the game for what it was and hope that the result does something positive to re energize the Toronto fan base. It is particularly off base to criticize the Regina fan base, particularly since no other fan base except for Winnipeg’s is in any position to criticize them and I don’t see most Winnipeg fans doing that. Pot meet kettle.

1 Like

You’re making an assumption that all the empty seats were Rider fans. Maybe some people from Ontario bought seats and decided they couldn’t afford Air Canada’s exorbitant rates, and didn’t come, and couldn’t sell their tickets. Or some couple from BC was going to come, found out they were pregnant, and couldn’t make it.

My point being that you have no idea who left their seats vacant, what their reasons may have been, who they cheer for, or where they are from. Yet you lay every single empty seat, plus somehow responsibility for the league’s possible decline, at the feet of Riders fans.

Sorry, I don’t buy it. To me it just seems you are trolling a single fan base. And if that isn’t the case, then you are being awfully judgemental for someone who admits that he himself doesn’t attend games. Neither of these options is a good look for you.

If you have constructive suggestions, make them. Otherwise you are simply not adding anything productive.

5 Likes

According to the organizers, it did sell out but some weren’t necessary at their seats but could be in stadium concourse (most may have avoided the halftime show)

I guess they made some coin.

You are being a complete fool here. There were around 15,000 - 16,000 tickets that were bought by non Rider season ticket holders. You have no idea who bought them. One thing is for sure, it wasn’t the Bomber fanbase, that were in the game no less, with a quick five hour drive down the number one. Again I ask, what section were you in?

1 Like

just keep this post handy.

next year in the Hammer, unless we get in, our stadium will be half empty...and it'll be half unsold, not just empty.

I'm extremely nervous for next year.

2 Likes

Do you know what the capacity for the Hamilton Grey Cup might be?

Are they adding seats or sticking to the smaller seating capacity?

Did they boycott the game or buy many more tickets than they could use hoping to profit financially from other CFL fans wishing to attend? Likely a combination of both and entirely on them.