6000 GC tickets for sale on Saturday

So there were upwards of 6000 tickets for resale as of Saturday Morning. That is nearly 20% of Mosaic. I know that I tried to sell 4 but could not and TicketMaster would not let me lower the price beyond a minimum they set. I don't think that was fair. I tried to sell on other sites but no luck.

My real question is why are there so many. Were they all Rider fans who could not stand to go watch the Bombers?

Not having their own team (Riders) plays a factor.

6000 seems an awful lot.

1 Like

Every seat will be full

1 Like

That's bizarre. Do they expect that to be sold to locals? I can't see many people flying in or making reservations on this kind of notice. Poor planning.

1 Like

6000 tickets on Ticket Master was one of the big news stories on the local radio here in Regina. There were not nearly that many a week ago but a lot of people here put them up for sale last Sunday (that's when I did as I would have gone if the Leos were there)

Most were hoping Winnipeg fans would want them. The real kicker was that out of town fans could not get hotel rooms. People wanted to buy tickets but when they could not find accommodation, they backed out.

2 Likes

Having plentiful hotels and rooms for this event is really crucial.

1 Like

Yes, in Regina/Moose Jaw/Emerald Park, there are only about 5000 rooms. Not enough!

2 Likes

It was also reported that there were all kinds of issues with people trying to book a flight.

To bad that so may people paid for tickets on speculation as to who would be playing in the Grey Cup. Any time I bought tickets it was because I wanted to be at the game regardless of the teams involved.
Also why didn't Reginatarions have a plan to house visitors in some kind of temporary setting like RV's, for two days. And why didn't some johnny on the spot business have a standby plan to bus Winnipenguins, Calgarnights or Edmontoes (whichever team punched their ticket to the big game) to Regina and return perhaps with a stopover somewhere in between if tickets became available last minute? Why didn't Via have a Grey Cup train across the Prairies. Why did Randy Ambrosky not know the lack of hotel space in Gina. Why is Ticketmaster controlling a ticket reduction?

The answer to these very important questions and more will be answered next week.......

Seams to me "this" is the biggest fumble of Grey Cup 2022 so far. They had plenty of time and experience to figure this out, in fact 2 extra years.

5 Likes

Who cares about resale? These tickets are paid for, if people want to burn their money that's up to them.

2 Likes

The last time Saskatchewan hosted a Grey Cup in which they did not play was 2003 and the record shows that over 50,000 were at that game. I’m wondering where those folks were housed if accommodations are lacking in Regina.

1 Like

The fact they would not let you sell lower price seems to imply they held some for late purchase

1 Like

Yup, its not like Sask had a chance to be in this game late in the season, Rider fans knew from Septemeber they were in trouble. Private sector dropped the ball for sure in securing accomodations & transport for the event.
Gonna look bad if there are alot of empty seats....

2 Likes

That’s right, their still supporting the league, they should have donated them to local schools for kids to go.

Just had a look at ticket availability. This will be nowhere near a full house. Sad. Most tickets may be sold, but lots of empty sets, mostly from the resales.

It appears the novelties wearing off in riderville.

I've been seeing a ton of GC tix on Facebook for months. A lot of them are season ticket holders, so they were bought at the beginning of the season when people still hadn't realized what a dud team O'Day and Dickenson had put together.

I sense a lot of anger amoung these ticket holders, and even though its anger at the team, I think some of it is manifesting itself with people skipping the game

2 Likes

That’s quite likely to. Higher ticket prices. Inflation. You name it.

1 Like

Please forward this to league office since they don’t seem to get this concept