51,000 and Counting

I didn’t think we’ve peaked yet…I thought we were just warming up! 8)

Sportsmen, I agree. Honestly, being a diehard Lions fan and watching all their games, the Lions have not even come close to playing their best game yet. The Ottawa game was the closest they have come to a complete game, but even at the end the defence let up. If I were other CFL teams, I'd be hella worried. When the Lions hit full stride, that spells trouble. And to think a 10-0 team could get better...

.....if the Lions can stay healthy!!

djmc2003, that's the thing. The Lions haven't been fully healthy this season, with Dickenson and Printers going down, sometimes at the same time. I would say if the Lions can GET healthy, rather than STAY healthy, we will be even more dangerous. But neither Dickenson nor Printers have been fully healthy this season, and we're still 10-0.

Remember for years in the past, that both CBC and CTV broadcast the Grey Cup game at the same time !!! I wonder if CTV would be interested in getting the CFL back, now that it has proven to be very big in ratings.

All I'm saying is that although there is good reason for optimism, it should be cautious optimism. The best thing for your Lions would be to lose a few within the next 4 weeks. This would wake them up a bit more...make them realize they CAN be beaten so they have to work harder. As I stated earlier.....first place don't mean squat in any pro sports league...makes the underdogs try harder to beat teams that can become complacent due to their record during league play.

I would be offended if TSN was the only option to broadcast the Grey Cup game, and they chose to broadcast the NFL game instead.
I realize that there are contractual obligations, but honestly ...
And why could CBC not broadcast the game silently, as they've been doing?

djmc2003, I hear what you're saying and somewhat agree. However, I'd rather the Lions not lose a few of their upcoming games because the Eskimos could still overtake us for first in the West. I would love for us to drop maybe 1 or 2 games this season, on the road, while we have first place locked up. I would prefer our 13 game home winning streak stay in tact for the remainder of the season. I wouldn't say first place means squat though. We are trying to win games to get the Western Final at BC Place in front of 55,000 + fans. And, if we win that game, than host the Grey Cup at home in front of a sold out crowd at BC Place. The Lions have a whole lot to play for this year, and they are showing that they have a lot to prove.

And why could CBC not broadcast the game silently, as they've been doing?
Apparently they can't broadcast live from BC, due to BC's labour laws