500 grand for Printers?

So you think trying to be more competitive is nuts?

WOW

Steinbrenner must be nuts also and whoever owns the Sox. And Ted Rogers seems to be following suit.

Let's not forget that IF we get Printers we will eventually save some money by trading/releasing existing QB's

How many of the other 7 CFL teams have built their competitiveness and stability on a $500,000./annum payment to one player?

Who has said that Printers will solve all of our problems?

I haven't read that anywhere.

All I've read consistently is that Hamilton has the greatest need for a bona fide QB.

The Ticats have a bunch of home dates yet to come this year, and they will NOT have Labour Day-like crowds at those games unless they sign Printers.

500K is very little to pay someone who will fill an otherwise potentially half-empty stadium.

I can tell you right now I am very uninterested in watching the Ticats put up zero points against anybody with Maas or Chang at QB. But if Printers was signed, I would watch every last game the Ticats play this year.

Pretty much every teams #1 QB makes 300-400K anyway so how is 500K such a stretch?

These guys don’t have the “problems” the TC have, they have huge profits and an already competetive team when they spend.

:lol: good one

does anyone know if Printers has used the washroom yet today?

Sources, pics, anything?

Inquiring minds seem to need to know

It was stall no. 3. Conveniently seen on the stall wall was this gem:

FOR A HOT FOOTBALL TIME
3 YEARS PLUS AN OPTION
$500K / YEAR
905-547-2287
ASK FOR MARCEL, CHARLIE, OR BOB, WHO IS CALLING YOUR AGENT AS I WRITE THIS

;)

Oski Wee Wee,

I don't think any team will pay him $500k. They can't if they want to stay any where near the cap. That would leave just $3.5 million for 40+ other players or an average of about $87k per player, even your other stars. How can you keep Lumsden, Moreno, Setta, Cody, McKay-Loescher and maybe one or two others with that kind of money? Sure they'd have to get a little more but enough to keep them in Hamilton?

I think he'll end up in the CFL for $300k tops. Remember, his NFL options are very limited now so it's not entirely a seller's game. If the Cats really are a million under the cap, my guess is he'll end up in Hamilton but for around $300k.

An Argo-Cat fan

Sign printers ,cut mass and stay with the young guys, or cut chang.

but…but…our GM says right in the paper that we have lots of room left in the cap and even bragged that were in a very good position to do something significant.

“I would venture to guess that we’re probably in the best position, cap-wise, of anybody to be able to do something significant,”

He even brags it up a bit about just how well off we are,
“But we told them we’re very interested and we’re in a very good position to be interested.”

Scuse me? Your team is 1-8 and we have enough cap room left to entertain the idea of signing a QB that Desjardens knows full well is going to cost as much or more than any top level QB?

Either he just told the world that we paid Jason Mass the majority of his salary before the season started,
(which would explain a helluva lot) or he’s admitted we didn’t go after the best players we could have.
I don’t see a team having 1/2 a million to 1 million available at this point in the season and still trying to convince fans they’ve done their best.

Note that Printers has had one good season. Let's compare his numbers with another CFL starter that year:

MAAS, Jason
361 for 549

65.8 completion percentage
5,270 passing yards
31 touchdowns
14 interceptions
105.1 pass rating

PRINTERS, Casey
325 for 494
65.8 completion percentage
5,088 passing yards
35 touchdowns
10 interceptions
115.0 pass rating

Point is, Printer's numbers don't exactly blow Maas out of the water and that's his only season as a starter, and he arguably had a much better team to work with. With B.C., it's more the team than the actual ability of the quarterback in my opinion. They have had great depth at receiver the last few years. Everyone thought Maas would be amazing when he came here.

Whatever.
Are you suggesting B.C.would have done just as well with Maas?

Maas, Dickenson, Pierce. Hey, now Jarious Jackson was in and they destroyed Montreal.

Honestly, it wouldn't have been drastically different with the Maas at that time. Now, he is maybe more injured.

I think if Printers came the fans would think he was the greatest player ever for a few weeks and then sour on him and demand his release after a short while.

If Hamilton Trully Signs Printers the steep yearly salary will not be that bad..
Us fans will support the wieght of that salary

Jerseys more people will go to games Printers merchendise remember how crazy everyone went when Corey Holmes and Jason Mass were headed here all you saw at the stadium was 3's and 11's and the obvious 42's damn still miss that

So in short by signing Printers the marketing alone of having a qb of his calaber will pay off so I guess thats why Bob young told marcel to break the bank

Can i get a refund for my #3? Can i trade it in? LOL

You're forgetting that Printers runs the ball A LOT. If he passed on every play he would have been way ahead of Maas.