50 years ago: Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Chuck Ealey make football history |

So since the modern area, 1950 to 2022 you dispute your own post?

The Beckman and Dorow comments were meant to be moments of levity . I guess that fell on deaf ears .

2 Likes

Why should anyone find any levity from a team that has great difficulty getting the job done.

1 Like

“Humor is so healing . . . and it’s fun too.” Anne Wilson Schaef

3 Likes

So what was her coaching record ? :smiley:

1 Like

You expect no levity since 1992…geez that takes things to a whole new level.

FYI we did win a cup since Beckman, so the levity embargo was lifted.

I thimk that was Dickson

[quote="bobo82, post:25, topic:82972"]
So what was her coaching record ? :smiley:

The same as George Dickson 0% :laughing:

1 Like

Based upon my experience on this site, including being a victim of vulgar, inappropriate remarks and some that were personal and petty, I say post whatever you want to, whether it is 50 years old or not. I was all of 20 when I listened to the game broadcast by CHML and Perce Allen and remember it vividly. I was thrilled the Cats got Ealey because of what I knew of him from Toledo. He proved he could bring his winning ways to pro football and provided Cats fans with one of their most exciting seasons. When an old reference is posted, those younger fans should know that history can be repeated by word of mouth from those who experienced it, or read about it, or view it. The first is always best because you can gain a sense of the excitement from the event that an article often cannot do. OK, I am finished. I have been trying to get off this site for months and simply decided that I would not post, but I am guessing I will receive disparagement for what I just wrote. Don't send your criticism. Just send instructions for being removed from this site.

6 Likes

Please stay . The voices of the sane are definitely needed , more now than ever . :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Freud called this the repetition compulsion. We feel driven to REPEAT mistakes from the past in the hopes that this time the situation or results will work out differently, but it RARELY does. To break free, you must identify the pattern.

Sounds to me like Freud is a closet sports psycologist

1 Like

Didn't Freud consult with the New Orleans Baby Cakes ?

I think on the way there he had a slip.

1 Like

Are you saying that Freud was AC/DC ?

1 Like

Well if he did a Freudian slip then he was more like a Rolling Stone. :smile:

1 Like

The pattern has been clearly identified. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

Are you referring to the Steelers , Ravens , Seahawks , and Patriots ? Bill Belichick (New England Patriots): January 27, 2000.
Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers): January 27, 2007; extended through 2024.
John Harbaugh (Baltimore Ravens): January 19, 2008; extended through 2025.
Pete Carroll (Seattle Seahawks): January 9, 2010; extended through 2025.

When your team has solid ownership , management and head coaching , the results will come . The Tiger-Cats have these conditions . Calgary and Winnipeg have these conditions . They’re in the playoffs and in contention regularly .

1 Like

Pay attention Pat, I am referring to the Tiger Cats. The results will come. How long has Bob Young owned the Tiger Cats, since 2003. Lets talk about 20 years later.

1 Like

The Rooney Family has owned the Steelers since 1933 . They have won 6 championships in 89 years . The Noll , Cowher , and Tomlin years produced 6 Bowls and 2 Super Bowl losses from 1969 to 2022 . They've been in contention for 53 years . That's what football fans want while knowing the obvious . Nobody wins all the time but solid teams contend regularly . Hope your paying attention . :laughing:

1 Like