50/50

Why does the team hold off on announcing the 50/50 number when the game is way out of reach and the weather is freezing. I know they don't want an empty stadium on tv, but c'mon! You're not making any friends by trying to keep fans at the game when they are freezing their butts off.

It increases coffee sales.

What was the take last night?

Brutal. I think it increases discontent amongst the fans. Who'd really want to go back if that's how they are going to treat the fans?

They called 2 numbers, 1 for the girl guides, 4,000+ and 1 for the air cadets 6,800 or so.

If thats the case, it's not really a 50/50, is it. It's more like a 18.5/18.5 and a 31.5/31.5

By the way those dollar amounts are pretty low. Here in Edmonton the 50/50 is in the 25,000 to 30,000 dollar range. And that's when the Ti-Cats are in town. Guess what it gets to when the Stamps or Riders are here.

It was freezing??? Really???

I thought it was a perfect night for football.

Silly me.

I guess that would depend on you definition of freezing. For someone that lives in the tropics i could see it. For someone that lives in Canada, no way. Here is what the weather was during game time according to Environment Canada

15 September 2007
23:00 Mainly Clear 6 calm
22:00 Mainly Clear 8 NNW 11
21:00 Partly Cloudy 9 WNW 9
20:00 Mostly Cloudy 10 WNW 8
19:00 Mostly Cloudy 11 NW 11

what is the size of your stadium dont think it is under 30,000 o oblivously your draws are bigger. if you add the 2 draws together they total 10,800 most of our draws are single draws and usually around the 14 to 15 thousand range, maybe the cats will learn 2 draws dont work

50/50 draws are regulated, calculations must be precise to the penny. Not saying this was the reason but it does take some time to process the counts and must be correct

The reason for the two 50/50's is because we receive hundreds of requests per season from outstanding organizations and we are trying to accommodate as many as possible.

but why couldnt you still have only 1 draw instead of 2 the sellers of each group could go into the room and sit at different ends of the table count their money keep there share and combine the rest into 1 draw

ps what happens if you have to leave before the ticket was drawn as i had to leave early have to get up at 4am to get to work in morning

but why couldnt you still have only 1 draw instead of 2 the sellers of each group could go into the room and sit at different ends of the table count their money keep there share and combine the rest into 1 draw

ps what happens if you have to leave before the ticket was drawn as i had to leave early have to get up at 4am to get to work in morning

Well, I think the reason to split the 50/50's up is a method to ensure and reward the group(s) for their hard work in selling tickets throughout the game.

If the prize is not claimed the number would be on the website, newspaper, etc. An individual with a ticket can always call or email myself.

I for one have no problem with the way the 50/50 is done. The people selling the tickets are really courteous and friendly (never get the hard-sell), and the winnings are pretty decent--I mean if you're looking to get rich on the 50/50 you'd be disppointed but it's just a fun thing to do like Bingo. And some good groups get a few bucks to help them operate.

Why complain?

An Argo-Cat fan

"Why complain?"

Human nature.

Tiger Cat fans are human.

My complaint is about the timing of the 50/50. People stuck around watching a horrible football game just waiting for that number. Call it earlier and let the fans go home. Most left early anyway. But after they drew the 50/50 I bet there was no more than 3,000 fans left.

Read KW 's post . You dont have to stay.
If the prize is not claimed at game the winning numbers are posted.

If the prize is not claimed the number would be on the website, newspaper, etc. An individual with a ticket can always call or email myself. [K.W.]
Where would it be posted on the website? What part of the newspaper, etc?

Also, how many people are aware of this policy? Until this thread I'd never heard of such a policy and I'm sure I'm not alone.

2 Bad things in Ticat land.

1. Hold fans hostage to watch brutal "entertainment".
  2. Splitting the 50/50 is a waste of peoples time. They want to win BIG not split the thing......some bleeding heart soccer Mom must have come up with this idea to "be fair".
    Nuff said.
:)
Splitting the 50/50 is a waste of peoples time. They want to win BIG not split the thing
That's a great point. If I knew there was 2 draws I probably wouldn't have bought tickets and I know the people sitting around me weren't happy with the smallish numbers.

You're absolutely right, people want to win big. That's part of the reason the Labour Day draw is so big. People know it's going to be big so they buy more tickets; just like lotto tickets when the pot gets to a crazy big number like $30 million or more.

Your hardly the person that has to turn down worthy organizations.