Calgary has had some playoff demons in recent years, but I believe this team is for real this season. Here are 5 reasons why they will win the Grey Cup.
- Kevin Glenn is no longer starting for the Stampeders. Bo Levi looked calm, cool and collected last week, and has played well in big games this season. He will be one of the greats in this league if he can stay healthy.
- This team has lots of experience. Sometimes heartbreaks are what is needed to win championships. I think the group of veterns in the locker room will help Calgary come out on top.
- Calgary's offensive and defensive lines will make all the differences.
- Huffnagel is due to win a championship. Calgary has dominated over the past few seasons under Huffnagel, and sooner or later that has to pay off for this football team.
- They are playing the Hamilton Tigercats. A team that just barely made the playoffs in large part because they played the Ottawa RedBlacks one more time then the Toronto Argos. Unfortunately one team from the east had to make the Grey Cup and it just so happened to be them. Hamilton is clearly no match for the Calgary Stampeders, or any of the other western teams that played in the western playoffs this season.